Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WolfNerd

Eggs and Nuts

Are eggs and nuts okay to eat? From what I've gathered eggs are okay aside from having alot of Omega 6, but purchasing eggs fortified with Omega 3 counters that for the most part.

As far as nuts go I was always under the impression that nuts were bad for your complexion but people on the boards seem to say otherwise??

Egg whites are great, egg yolks are not, they contain an omega 6 fatty acid called arachidonic acid that directly balances with EPA from fish oil. Too much AA and it will cause an imbalance and promote inflammation.

However nuts have Linoleic Acid which are okay. About 10% or less is converted to AA, so if you get in enough omega 3 you won't have to worry at all, unless you eat mounds of peanuts! lol :)

We need linoleic acid in our diet too since it's a good omega 6 fat, and we need both omega 3 and 6, but of course in good amounts, and balanced amounts. If you can get in 3 grams of omega 3 from EPA/DHA sources like fish oil, then you can basically eat the rest of your fat cals in linoleic acid, ALA, or Oleic Acid (omega 9), which is 30% of your diet

I hope that helps to answer your question.

Egg whites are great, egg yolks are not, they contain an omega 6 fatty acid called arachidonic acid that directly balances with EPA from fish oil. Too much AA and it will cause an imbalance and promote inflammation.

Eggs are a really healthy food if you get them fresh from pasture raised chickens. I get mine at local Farmer's Markets or neighbors who have chickens. "Pasture-raised" means they actually eat their natural diet because they spend most of their time in the grass and shrubs, eating what chickens are supposed to eat and getting lots of sunlight.

Even the organic "free-roaming" or "cage-free" eggs from the stores are no good compared to pastured ones.

Pastured eggs have lots of omega-3, way more vitamin-A, less cholesterol, and more of pretty much every other vitamin.

I eat almonds and sunflower seeds, but I've noticed that cashews can give me tiny breakouts if I eat too many, and peanuts can definitely break me out a little (probably because most peanuts in the American market are basically rancid).

i eat 1 oucne of almonds daily. since monunsaturated fat.less omega 6 to convert to AA. i think the high mono fats. nuts and seeds are better at 1 oucne or less daily.

than high omega 6 nuts and seeds while eating more than 1 oucne daily.

what do you think?

True, but most meats contain more AA than eggs.

True, but most meats contain more AA than eggs.

Egg whites are great, egg yolks are not...

I don't want to start a whole argument, but I read the opposite, that yokes are good, especially raw, but the whites are just as bad as dairy. I've heard a lot of controversy, so I just stay away from eggs.

Anyone know more about this?

Well, first it says that they cause allergy problems because they are binding elements, that's why it's used in cakes. Then it says that they clog your system like dairy and refined carbs, causing blood intoxication and stressed elimination organs. Also you're body has to protect itself from the egg protein, causing allergic reactions and acne.

It doesn't say why egg yokes are good, it just says they are. Have faith :)

Well, first it says that they cause allergy problems because they are binding elements, that's why it's used in cakes. Then it says that they clog your system like dairy and refined carbs, causing blood intoxication and stressed elimination organs. Also you're body has to protect itself from the egg protein, causing allergic reactions and acne.

Egg whites are great, egg yolks are not...

I don't want to start a whole argument, but I read the opposite, that yokes are good, especially raw, but the whites are just as bad as dairy. I've heard a lot of controversy, so I just stay away from eggs.

Anyone know more about this?

I doubt there is anything to worry about in eggs as long as you are not allergic to them. I have eaten eggs through times of clear skin and not, and it makes no difference. Egg yolks contain lots of nutrients that your body needs, and you should not avoid certain parts of eggs. Obviously you can get the nutrients from other sources, but if you are gonna eat the white, then you might as well just eat the whole egg. AA is not so bad as long as you get good amounts Omega 3 and Linoleic Acid. Your body also does need AA, but not in huge amounts. Regardless of how much your body needs, the amount in eggs is nothing to worry about. Don't overdo it on eggs, try to keep it in moderation, like maybe 6-10 eggs a week, but if you have more I don't think it is gonna cause any major problems.

link?

first time Ive heard that about egg whites in my life, eggs are very easily digestible from everything Ive read.... cooked or raw?

There's nothing wrong with eggs, really.

You should be worried with milk. Milk is the source, is the target. Eliminate this i see your skin improving. But of course you need more but that's an important step