Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

vivant skin care doesnt like acne.org. they dont like how we ask product questions about ingredients and talk about them here.

they told me to tell all of you not, to ask them products questions anymore! we dont need to know what ingredients do, its none of our business.

how rude.

email the president [email protected]

1,. we have the right to ask , why they put octyl palmitate in day treatment 15 if it clogs pores!

2. we have the right to ask what is the zinc peptide inthe day treatment 15.

3. why not make mandelic acid serums that are alcohol free with added anti-irritants to help clam and heal skin .

you can copy and paste this i dont care but everyone email them sicne they are so rude to u

My esthetician uses several of their products for her clients' skin care regimens. I have had no problems with the Vivant company or their products - I use both the Derm A Gel and the 3% mandelic toner. The Derm A Gel has improved my skin significantly - it continues to be one of my favorite skin care products.

They do have a lot of alcohol in a few of their products, but not everyone has problems with alcohol. They do a lot of buisness in Asian countries (more so than they do in the US), where there are very high humidity levels, so alcohol based products tend to be more popular than they are here.

As to them responding to those questions - I don't know of any company that would be willing to change a product just because a few people e-mail them and tell them to change it. There are always a few unhappy people, something that somebody doesn't like. Companies would be changing products all the time if they responded to every customer's request. There is a lot of solid research behind their product development, and there are plenty of happy customers. If you don't like their formulations, then I would simply recommend not buying their products - there are plenty of other similar products out there that you could use. I mean, I don't like Neutrogena's products, so I simply don't purchase them. I honestly don't understand why you have such a strong desire to have them change or explain their product forumulations to you.

And I am sure that Vivant could care less if we talk about their products on acne.org. Any mention of the company name is advertisement, even if some of the comments are less than positive.

And I am sure that Vivant could care less if we talk about their products on acne.org. Any mention of the company name is advertisement, even if some of the comments are less than positive.

actually i'm sure they do care, and if they don't they should. companies do not want negative publicity. if someone has a negative experience with a company they are likely to tell 3 times more people about it than if they have a positive experience. this word of mouth is very important to a companies image.

but i do agree with the rest of your statements. they shouldn't change a product just because a couple people complained. that would be a really bad business model.

actually i'm sure they do care, and if they don't they should. companies do not want negative publicity. if someone has a negative experience with a company they are likely to tell 3 times more people about it than if they have a positive experience. this word of mouth is very important to a companies image.

but i do agree with the rest of your statements. they shouldn't change a product just because a couple people complained. that would be a really bad business model.

Haven't you heard the phrase "any publicity is good publicity?" :) I also said that because it is mostly 1 or 2 people on the board being unrealistic in their criticisms and expectations - its not like there is widespread dissent against the company on acne.org. I do think a company that size would not tell a customer not to talk about them on acne.org, which is what the poster makes it sound like.

i am not the only one. other people hav esaid the same thing on previous post, expecially about the day treamtent lotion 15 cloggingpores.

dothe oil ring testwith the dtl 15 with zinc peptide and it leaves a huge oil ring, showing all the oil inthe lotion. and it contains octyl palmiate whic his a 4 for clogging pores. and the acnebook says to avoid it,

on other posts , many others called them about this and they wouldnt answer them.

others complained about the zinc peptide, leaving a whitish look from not absorbing. and they also asked what is zinc peptide and what does it d?. and they wouldnt tell.

so it is not just one person try 30-40 people from prevous posts over the year rasing these questions and vivant being rude and not answering them

i am not the only one. other people hav esaid the same thing on previous post, expecially about the day treamtent lotion 15 cloggingpores.

dothe oil ring testwith the dtl 15 with zinc peptide and it leaves a huge oil ring, showing all the oil inthe lotion. and it contains octyl palmiate whic his a 4 for clogging pores. and the acnebook says to avoid it,

on other posts , many others called them about this and they wouldnt answer them.

others complained about the zinc peptide, leaving a whitish look from not absorbing. and they also asked what is zinc peptide and what does it d?. and they wouldnt tell.

so it is not just one person try 30-40 people from prevous posts over the year rasing these questions and vivant being rude and not answering them

hey am not obsessing. just informing others.you sound like you are on vivants payroll. i didnt say just this websites. other messageboards too. there is alot on this one through the years. mollywhite rasied the same questions and others

dr. fulton says you should do the oil ring test. and even at one percent concentration from dr. fulton studies show that these fatty acid analogs are very acne causing.

what is zinc peptide? is it a sunblock like zinc oxide or an antioxidant like zinc sulfate?

why wont they tell others that?google zinc peptide and nothing comes up.

and mandelic acid , others told me they would tell them if mandelic acid is a (water binding humectant).

so it is not just m

I did a board search for Vivant and found exactly 2 posters who indicate having major issues with Vivant - you being one of them. There are at least 10 times that many people who have reported good results from Vivant products. The only other negative reviews I could find were 2-3 people who said the 15% mandelic cleared their pores well, but was a little too strong for them. Again, many more people have posted positive reviews than negative ones. So, i'm not sure who these 30-40 people are that you mentioned. I don't even think there are that many people on this board who have ever used Vivant. Its not really marketed much to individual buyers in the US, so many people have never even heard of it.

hey am not obsessing. just informing others.you sound like you are on vivants payroll. i didnt say just this websites. other messageboards too. there is alot on this one through the years. mollywhite rasied the same questions and others

dr. fulton says you should do the oil ring test. and even at one percent concentration from dr. fulton studies show that these fatty acid analogs are very acne causing.

what is zinc peptide? is it a sunblock like zinc oxide or an antioxidant like zinc sulfate?

why wont they tell others that?google zinc peptide and nothing comes up.

and mandelic acid , others told me they would tell them if mandelic acid is a (water binding humectant).

so it is not just m

again not just this messageboard. octyl palamtiate does clog pores and they should know .

do you know a safe spf 15, that is oil free and wont irritate the skin? i have the list to check ingredients.

again not just this messageboard. octyl palamtiate does clog pores and they should know .

do you know a safe spf 15, that is oil free and wont irritate the skin? i have the list to check ingredients.

hi willow,

there ws some people saying that. about 5 people not alot but still. thanks for the spf 15. it is hard to find a good spf info here for some reason. have a good reason

hi willow,

there ws some people saying that. about 5 people not alot but still. thanks for the spf 15. it is hard to find a good spf info here for some reason. have a good reason

acne since 2006. hey how long have you been a member.? why do you care if i let others knwo to becarefult wit this lotion. it is called looking out for thoers.by the way even dr. fulton says to avoid octyl palmiate inthe acnebook on page 123.

and why wont they tell people what zinc peptide is. i woudl like to know if it is a sunblock agent oro an antioxidant agent. by the way it leaves a white pasty look to the skin from not abosrbing well. sicne not micronized.

hey i am just letting others know to avoid this lotion because it can clog pores octyl pamliate since it is a fatty acid proven in 1% concentrations to clog pores.

acne since 2006. hey how long have you been a member.? why do you care if i let others knwo to becarefult wit this lotion. it is called looking out for thoers.by the way even dr. fulton says to avoid octyl palmiate inthe acnebook on page 123.

and why wont they tell people what zinc peptide is. i woudl like to know if it is a sunblock agent oro an antioxidant agent. by the way it leaves a white pasty look to the skin from not abosrbing well. sicne not micronized.

hey i am just letting others know to avoid this lotion because it can clog pores octyl pamliate since it is a fatty acid proven in 1% concentrations to clog pores.

i notice those who speak so well about vivant, failed to adress tim's issues.

1. what is zinc peptide? is it a sunblock like zinc oxide or antioxidant like zinc sulfate?

they wont tell people that

2. octyl palmiate is the acnebook as one of the worst offender.s so why put it in lotion.

i would prefer a alcohol free mandelic with added anti-irritants that calms skin

I hate these companies that try to make everything a secret. Nuetrogena for example, I called them about their anti-blemish anti-wrinkle serum, the one with Salicylic acid and Retinol. I asked what percentage of each is in the product, a legitimate question i feel, and she told me that they cant disclose that information, its private information. I allowed her knowledge that by law they must disclose that information, I asked her if they have a patent on that product and she said yes, I told her that in order to obtain a patent, 100% of everything, every Little detail has to be made public in order to get that patent. I informed her of this and asked the question again, she said she would transfer to her boss, basically to give me the same answer, so I said no thanks and hung up on her.

Off topic I know, but if a company is going to back something so solely, they shouldnt hesitate to inform people about it 100%. Basically if they dont, that makes them a bad company I think.