Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enigma103

MY B5 (pantothenic Acid) experience!

Ok. Ive been reading this site up and down and they never answer the questions (such as a timeline or a log of someone using) I had about taking B5 for my acne. SO, I decided to try it for myself.

-Before I started, I would get maybe 1 or 2 cyst like bumps about once every other week. I had some other minor bumps but it wasnt too bad. I had oily skin so I figured I would give this whole thing a go.

Days 1 - 3

-Durring these days, I took 5 grams of B5 and by the third day, I could feel my skin being less oily. My face seemed to be getting better with the minor bumps and the 2 cysts.

Days 4-9

-day 4 is when I started to take the 10 grams of B5. I was feeling great abotu my skin and was ready to get all this gone!

Days 10-17

-This is where I am at right now. Day 10 is when my "initial breakout" began. I learned that in order for this to work, (much like other pills for acne), it must push out the existing oil thats built up in the skin. I got about 4 - 5 cysts on the left side of my face around the "smile line". I was pissed about it but i knew that the oil needed to get out. about day 14, one of the cysts went down but another one came up. This wasnt a shock because i could tell that there was a build up of oil in that spot. I noticed that if there is a semi hard spot under ur skin, thats a likely spot for a cyst in this B5 deal. NOW, I'm about on day 17 and almost all the cysts are settled down. There is only one left (and its barely there). All that are left are some red marks that should fade in a week. Most people stop when they see the initial breakout. DONT STOP THO. and keep in mind, i started getting my initial breakout around the end of my second bottle of 100.

I'll try and keep an update of my experience as I go!

oh yeah, sorry I didn't add that. Now, on TOP of the 10 grams of B5 I am taking daily, I am using the all 3 steps of proactiv and the sulfur mask as a spot treatment. now I'm going to add a little bit I found with the sulfur mask since I mention it. If anyone is using it, ONLY leave it on overnight on spots such as cysts or whiteheads. I used to get over obsessive and put it on the red blotches that cysts left and it actually made the marks stay longer. What those kind of marks need is just to be moisturized. I also take 2 pills of B-50 a day to balance the B complex.

This is my daily routine:

Morning: Between 7-9am

Take 1 B-50 and 4 B5 pills with a glass of water (Ive only experienced the stomach aches a few times but I dont get them anymore. they say its because you dont eat with your pills. So, if you dont feel like dealing with slight stomach aches that you might get, take the pills with something to eat, even if its as little at a handful of pretzels or whatever) I also shower every morning (I usually do this to just get the face meds off from the night)

Noon:

Eat some grub and take my next 4 B5 pills.

Around 4pm:

Take another 4 B5 pills

About 7-8pm Take another 4 B5 pills

Before bed (my times usually around midnight):

I take another shower to get off all the "grime" from just living through a day. Then I do my proactiv thing. After I put on the BP part of it, I put Aloe Vera 100% on my whole face. Then, when its dry, I can do the spot treatment where needed. Then, after all that, I take my second B-50 and my last 4 B5 for the day.

I just find it rediculous how no one gives you any details. They say "oh it works" or "no it doesn't". I've been searching this website for 2 weeks tryin to find out about B5 and thats about all I get. I get "it took 3 months." I want the "in between" story! So, in spite of that, I'll be sure to give you people the best damn report I can

i take 1 1000 mg tablet of sustained release pantothenic acid daily.

i found that it makes my skin less oily (which probably helps prevent clogged pores).

Hey thanks for posting a link to your log! Thats what most people want to see when they start something new, especially the B5. They want to see when what happends.

Here mate dont make the mistake i made and stop using b5 when it clears you, because it will come back with a vengence. Perhaps not for you but i stopped after it cleared me and my acne came back severe and cystic. Ive been on the B5 again now for around 9 months and now im only getting mild-moderate acne(hoping it will fully clear soon) but ive been left with loads of red marks and lots of little bastard scars due to the severity of it.

So dont get cocky and stop after your clear like i did, otherwise you will regret it.

^^Sorry to sound so grim, but seriously i dont want anyone to go through what i did because of simple mistake.

like i mentioned, I had a "cystic initial breakout" and I'm about done with it. For those who have went through this process before, ho wlong did it take for the markings that the cysts left to go away?

like i mentioned, I had a "cystic initial breakout" and I'm about done with it. For those who have went through this process before, ho wlong did it take for the markings that the cysts left to go away?

yeah, it makes sense that it you stop taking the B5, your face will become a war zone but,.......when can you actually stop? I mean, take the 10grams for about 3 months, when ur face is clear, start stepping down to the maintenance dosages. So, when can you actually step off of the dosages all together?How do you know when you can do that?

yeah, it makes sense that it you stop taking the B5, your face will become a war zone but,.......when can you actually stop? I mean, take the 10grams for about 3 months, when ur face is clear, start stepping down to the maintenance dosages. So, when can you actually step off of the dosages all together?How do you know when you can do that?

I dont know the answer to that one either but i do know that im going to keep taking it until im atleast 25 years old. Which is 6 years for me

ok SO, im on like my 20-21 day of the B5 and i hagve to say im pretty pleased with it. During this weekend, i ran out of proactiv. Usually, thats really bad news for me BUT, i decided not to worry about it. Friday night, i took my pills, took my shower, and just put the aloe vera on my face. in the morning, my face was just fine. USUally, my face is really oily in the morning and i get breakouts if i dont put meds on my face the night prior. My face wasnt oily AT ALL and some of the cyst marks (from the initial) had faded dramatically. Now, I dont think they cleared up more because i didn't put my proactiv on, I just think that i really noticed it that morning that it was clearing up well. My opinion, I think that the first month of B5 is, for lack of words, hell only because fo that initial breakout because once u have it, the rest of that month is used to heal that breakout. Once all of it is healed, ull start noticing the "dramatic results". I think im about at that point, seeing how i had my initial about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago and its almost all healed. We'll see!

ok......so ive heard for YEARS that if you have acne, to not wash your face with soap. Ive taken this as a golden rule for about 6 years UNTIL now. a few days ago, i started getting a bad breakout (some of u might think of a breakout as "oOoOoOoOo theres this little bump u need a magnifying glass to see on my lip.......I can't go to prom.". MY breakouts are more like, u cant help but stare at the 1 quarter sized volcano on the side of my face and the bumps commin off of my forehead.). But I figured out why. I HAVEN'T BEEN USING A CLEANSER! I thought ya know, takin a shower a gettin my face all wet and up in that water would get all that crap off before i exfoliated ya know, but i dont think that was the problem. its the MORNING time that was messin me up. in the morning, i would jump in the shower, get off all the meds from the previous night, and get out. i found that thats not enough. SO, i started readin up online and such to find a good cleanser. none seemed to be for me because i didnt wanna use any more SA or anything with more meds in it. that would be too much on my face. I read about the dove sensitive skin no fragrance soap. I went out to walmart and picked some up, tried it last night, and I LOVE IT. My face, last week anyways, had red blotches under my lip and on my cheek and all that and what used for moisturizer was aloe vera. i put it on 3 times a day because those red (hurtful) blemishes would still be there. after a few times tho, the aloe would start to flake off and it would make it look liek i had face dandruff. when i got out of the shower last night after using this soap, i had no blemishes (i still had the remaining pimples of course, but no patches of red). it made my skin feel great. i can see a considerable improvement with my skin. Well, a difference in the tone of my skin WHICH directly effects the look of the acne. ALSO, the soap isnt drying at all EXCEPT on the parts where u have whiteheads and such which is great. DRY THOSE BASTARDS OUT! but on the rest of the skin where its acne free, VERY soft.