Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikeishere

raised back up-update

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7238/cystxj2.png

On my nose, I have my 2nd hospital appointment tomorrow, the choices they gave me last time were

accutane-which I will not go on.

Or injection-might raise 1 side of my face forever plus scaring.

Im in Britain guys what can I ask for I really need to sort this its been there for absalutely ages and I cannot stand my life with it.

Is there anything else I can ask them for as the tablets I am taking now have done ABSALUTELY NOTHING for it at all.

This is what happened last time I went to the hopsital, she also told me I could go on 500mg a day. which turned out to be a lie so now ive wasted 2-3 months of my time waiting for another appointment.

I was supposed to start the 500mg 4 times a day.

We rung the chemist up-- oh we havent recieved the fax from the hospital just take more 250mg of the one your taking.

So then we rung the hospital up and they said I should NOT be taking 500mg 4 times a day and they got the woman who seen me next to them on the phone and she was saying she didnt say I could have that!!!

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7238/cystxj2.png

On my nose, I have my 2nd hospital appointment tomorrow, the choices they gave me last time were

accutane-which I will not go on.

Or injection-might raise 1 side of my face forever plus scaring.

Im in Britain guys what can I ask for I really need to sort this its been there for absalutely ages and I cannot stand my life with it.

Is there anything else I can ask them for as the tablets I am taking now have done ABSALUTELY NOTHING for it at all.

This is what happened last time I went to the hopsital, she also told me I could go on 500mg a day. which turned out to be a lie so now ive wasted 2-3 months of my time waiting for another appointment.

I was supposed to start the 500mg 4 times a day.

We rung the chemist up-- oh we havent recieved the fax from the hospital just take more 250mg of the one your taking.

So then we rung the hospital up and they said I should NOT be taking 500mg 4 times a day and they got the woman who seen me next to them on the phone and she was saying she didnt say I could have that!!!

thanks for the reply

right now I am using differin gel and taking

oxytetracycline tablets 250mg 4 a day.

The only thing she suggest is accutane which is a bit odd, I had to ask her about the injection and she had to go and check.

These are the first tablets I have ever taken for anything so I havent taken anything else.

The injection bit well, the scaring but which she said I dont know how big the scar will be and how will it raise 1 side of my face I dont want my face to be swelled up just from some injection also whats the chances of the cyst leaving after it?

Basically I need to know everything by later today or I will have to wait another 1-3 months for another appointment , but im hoping I will know what I want to go down there so the next time im there Its being dealed with not just to talk about it.

Its been on my nose for months so I really want to get rid of it as its effected me big style. very big style.

New tablets for me.

Tetralysal 300

(tetracycline)

Two a day for the first month after that just one a day.

Please work please, two doctors examined me said they wouldnt be comfy doing it on the nose, as it could well leave scaring there and the position of it. Would also make the nose tissue very weak and thin.

Okay, my suggestion remains: attack it with BP. It will dry over, look red and ugly but it should make its way to the surface as white head. I had a large cyst under my eye that was there months, I took the plunge and did the 10% BP (w/ alcohol) thing on it and within a week it had surfaced. It's an ugly process because it will definitely look worse than it does right now, but it will probably rid you of it.

btw: I waited too long with my cyst and left a really really deep hole/scar. Luckily, after a year or two it sort of faded away. There is still a scar there now (roughly 5 years later), but it doesn't look like a pock mark or anything. It's just a little indentation that only I can notice.

I had a abscess (which is like what you have on your nose) below my eybrow. Lasted 5 weeks before I went to the doctor, they gave me antibiotics which didnt do shit, add another 10 days to the 4 weeks.

Then they scheduled an appointment to the head and neck surgery for a consult add another week to the 5 weeks..

You know what, I said fuck this... i ripped it open, and drained it.

These fucking doctors, do not give a shit about your situation. Everything online says do not squeeze or pop it... WTF. So you would have a doctor drain it and waste weeks getting an appointment? Try to drain that shit... or you will end up wasting lots of time.

If you do decide to try to drain it yourself, you absolutely MUST sterilize the needle first. Do not squeeze hard; only gently. If you want it to come to a head, apply warm compresses to the spot several times a day.

If you do end up opening it with the sterile as possible technique above, you must then wash your whole face and hands, apply a dab of antibiotic ointment to the area and then a bandaid. That will help the spot heal without scarring; but no scarring is NOT guaranteed with such a large cyst that has been there so long and probably already undermined underlying tissue.

check if theres like a slighty darker spot on that abscess, so you can rip it open or use a needle. Or try to find a spot on there that looks like a drainage spot.

check if theres like a slighty darker spot on that abscess, so you can rip it open or use a needle. Or try to find a spot on there that looks like a drainage spot.

If I do squeeze it, which is rarely, there is nothing there which even looks like its coming out I dont know whats up with it. It goes up and down up and down at the moment its DOWN but will soon go back up, thanks for the advice.

Here is a pic today of it few mins ago

I havent took the tablets yet because I woke up with a big headache so Ill take 1 later tonight hopefully :)

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9426/dsc01123vx8.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7498/dsc01127mq3.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4167/dsc01131yq5.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5633/dsc01128rh6.jpg

Mine went up and down too.. I thought it was going away, but after the 4th week, it was swelled up so much it hurt. So I kept squeezing, and putting hot compresses, until the end of the 5th week.. i saw a slightly darker spot than the rest of the abscess.

Because this has been on my eyebrow for almost 6 weeks, which is a long record for me, usually these last for only 2 weeks. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

I just wanted it off my face, I really thought it would be there forever, so i just ripped the darker spot, and you would not believe what came out.

First tons of puss, lots of it.. then followed by blood. Right now its healing, i see no sign of a scar. I think when it goes down.. thats how much puss is in there, then your body tries to fight it and fills it up with blood.

Since its been there for months, they will do a simple procedure on you. they will cut the abscess and drain it, then put like put like gauze in it. They may need to keep the wound open, but i dont think so in your case, since its on your nose.

thanks for your reply

its gone back up all red, and for past few days a bit above it on both sides my nose has gone red and if i touch it , it hurts and theres 2 almost red bumps i tried squeezing it a bit but nothing happens so ive left it....

Wish it would go away im not going on any more tablets after this :(

If you pull up abscesses on google or the internet, it will say that it needs to be drained. I hate how they give you antibiotics first to waste your time, they know it will never go down.

Then next stage is surgery, I dont know whats up with Britain. Maybe you should switch medical providers or something, find like a house doctor. It does say that surgery is the last resort, but I think they are scared b/c its on your nose, they could give you a big big scar.

I know when i showed them it was under my eyebrow they would not touch it b/c they said it could mess up my eye lid, this was the emergency room.

Why isnt anything happening :cry::cry::cry::cry: go for christ sake

Its building up building up building up inside me and I cannot take it its ripping me apart it best go away right now I swear to god!!!!!!!!!

Its been here for absalutely months I took this picture in July OH YES IT HASNT DONE NOTHING

nose

July

number 2

Today

today

The differin creame does crap for my nose I still have that,+ some other thing now?

It hasnt done anything for all the tiny black dots all over it either.

today

I am going crazy and getting more wound up stressed and hitting stuff every single day im not joking it needs to get away now I dont look forward to the next minute I dont look forward to the later I dont look forward to tomorrow I dont look forward to living :(

:angry::angry::angry:

torn me apart ruined my whole year, cant get any money as i am not facing people to go for jobs

not doing anything for xmas, cant drink for xmas, go out for meals, visit my nan , lucky im getting a laptop for xmas ill unwrap it and straight back to my room till my next appointment

i feel like a freak , i do go out but rarely with people and when i do im covering my face with my hand leaning down.

going downstairs to take the tablet(what a joke they are) doing nothing at all for it. :cry::cry:

Dude, you need to see a different derm and get it injected with cortisone, if not incised.

I can empathize with the stress your going through as I had a little ingrown cyst removed from my face after accutane and it left a bulbous red sore that wouldn't heal for months, I honestly didn't think it would ever go away and it really fucked with my head. I wonder what provoked such a nasty cyst on an otherwise practically acne free face :think:

hey,

i know it probably wont help too much to hear this,,, but you are gorgeous. your eyes make me melt a little :wub:

too bad im stuck on the opposite side of the world! ;)

hang in there