Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hailey

After six long months my cystic acne is completely gone

So this might not work with everyone, but Its worth a shot. STICK WITH YOUR REGIMEN. I would like to report that after 3 months I have been almost completely clear...and my redmarks are almost non existent. What I did:

In the morning: Lotion, and makeup

At night: Clense, BP, Lotion

doing the DK regimen twice a day was way to drying for my skin, and made it worse. I went for an entire month doing it twice a day, and it got so bad i broke down several times. When i switched to once a day it made a drastic difference.

My doctor told me topical would not cut it, and so he suggested Minocycline. I started with two pills a day, and now I have been taking one for the past month and a half.

I am just happy my skin is blemish free again... my confidence is back, and I am starting to see things in a happier light. I cant tell you how important it is to not change your regimen weekly, and to see a derm. and dont give up.

Congratulations.

My daughter just went back on mino 2x a day and the results are amazing. She has been on it for about a month now, and although it hasnt completely cleared, it is pretty good considering she was off antiobiotics for about 6 months now.

You are right. Stick with your regimen. And good luck with it.

Thanks!!!

And the antibiotics took over three months to start working. I was so close to giving up..and then *poof* one day everything cleared up. It was so odd. But I do understand that they arent for everyone. Some people cant ever go off them with out breaking out, and some after taking them for a while will start to break out again. I guess I just got lucky.