Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dudeman69691

This is working great for me!!

ok, I have now been on this regimen for about 3 1/2 months, and i also take minocycline,. The regimen has been working well and my acne is very mild, and about 99% clear. I have always used cetaphil to wash my face but my skin always got oily soon afterwards, but for the past 2 weeks now i have been just using regular soap, like coast. and its working awesome, my skin isnt too oily anymore and i have like no pimples at all, i look clear,, (knock on wood). Should i keep using this soap or is gonna backfire on me in the long run.?

Hi,

I would suspect the reason you are clear is due to the Minocycline. If it's the first time you are taking this antibiotic, it will wipe out your acne on its own without Dan's regimen. However, it won't work forever and your acne might come back after you finish it.

In that case you can do the regimen as Dan specifies and see if it works for you after you finish all the antibiotics. (That is what I'm doing.)

I took Minocycline 3 times last year...you can read my Personal log if you are interested. It stopped working by the third time I took it.

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=1279

I don't know the ingredients in Coast so couldn't comment on that.

Best wishes,

Julie