Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone tried it yet? We finally seem to have a semi decent AHA lotion available. Was hoping it would help with shoulder/chest acne.

Check it out at boots.co.uk.

Whats AHA and why would it be good for shoulder/chest acne?

Also why would it be in their pro-age range?

Sorry, bit confused!

Thanks

xxx

AHA = alpha hydroxy acid

they are the types of acids than chemically exfoliate your skin. There present in many lotions ect as pH regulators, but at higher concentrations (5% +) they can exfoliate.

Its in the pro-age range cause it exfiliates your skin, leaving it looking younger and more vibrant. Also higher percentages of AHA can sort out sundamage and wrinkles.

Theres a few AHA's around, including malic acid and glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is the strongest AHA.

It would be good for shoulder/chest acne, because your skin is more rough there and can tolerate it better than your face, so AHA may be a better option for shoulders/chest than say BP, because BP bleaches fabrics (aka your clothes)

:)

Tesco have it on offer for 2 for £6 (which would last a month easily even with heavy twice a day application, 500ml in total)Buy it up people, this lotion looks very very good indeed, and cheap too!!

Heres hoping it helps to clear up my case.

After some research, it looks extremely promising. It does seem like the UK now has a nice AHA lotion from a trustable brand. But if I did buy this, I would be applying it onto my face to fade those red marks, would anyone recommend this or is it too harsh so should only be limited to the areas below your face?

It does look too good to be true, I have will use it twice a day, and applied it this morning and 10 mins ago. It is very mild, doesnt sting or anything. One thing though, it smells to high heaven, very very girly smell, so you may have a problem with that if ur a bloke.

Cpt. Dinosaur - thanks for the science lesson! I'm on accutane so my skin is far too sensitive for it at the moment I think but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

xxx

Anyone tried this on the face yet?

Looks very promising, although it has olive oil in it. Is that a problem?

Not at all, theres people on here who use Olive Oil to help fade red marks, I gave it a try for about a month but it didn't really do anything, but more importantly it didn't cause any breakouts.

This AHA looks promising, I'm going to get some :) If it turns out to be good its going to save me alot of money, although be warned, AHA makes your skin extremely sensitive to the sun, so remember and wear SPF.

Not at all, theres people on here who use Olive Oil to help fade red marks, I gave it a try for about a month but it didn't really do anything, but more importantly it didn't cause any breakouts.

This AHA looks promising, I'm going to get some :) If it turns out to be good its going to save me alot of money, although be warned, AHA makes your skin extremely sensitive to the sun, so remember and wear SPF.

How did you find it?

Anyone else had any experience with this?