Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Apple_Blossem

For those who took B5: Did it slowly "stop working" for you after 1-2 years?

I used 10 grams of vitamin b5 for about 2 years. It stopped my acne within 3 days of starting it and worked perfectly!!! No side effects, no upset stomach, no hair loss, everything was fine :).

However, after about 2 years, I noticed I had to slowly start upping my dosage: 11 grams per day... 12 grams per day. I went up to 15 grams a day. And it kept climbing.... until I gave up.

A year later, I'm currently using 6grams of MSM and flaxseeds and have completey cured my acne. However, I notice that I am starting to need to increase my dosage.... and I notice the problem is repeating!

So, has anyone else experienced this?

since B5 is water soluble (dissolves in water, and excreted in sweat and urine), your diet could just have too much water intake meaning teh B5 is being flushed out too quickly to have any effect on your acne.

or, you acne has got worse and B5 is maybe too weak.

I sometimes think my body wants to form acne. Every time I try something new it seems to work for a while but then my acne comes back, as if my body's fighting me fighting my acne. Maybe I'm personifying my body but that's how it seems...

Count yourself lucky that you found a 100% solution twice. I've never found one ever and two years is a long time to be clear. How old are you anyway? I'm 27.

I've tried pantethine and am still on it, but no joy yet. I won't try pantothenic acid as the quantites taken are too vast and I don't see the point when you can go straight to pantethine, which is what one's body makes from it anyway. I'm going to try MSM soon anyway. Where did you get yours?

I got mine from all different sources. They all worked VERY well. Everyone agrees that you will notice the sudden/dramatic benefits of b5 within 3 days of starting it.

Ambrosius, you are right that our bodies want to form acne. Acne is toxins desperately making their way out. Anything that works temporarily is not really a "cure" because those toxins will fight to make their way out. The key would be fixing what is causing us to be so toxic in the first place, and this is a very difficult thing indeed. :(

Ambrosius, you are right that our bodies want to form acne. Acne is toxins desperately making their way out. Anything that works temporarily is not really a "cure" because those toxins will fight to make their way out. The key would be fixing what is causing us to be so toxic in the first place, and this is a very difficult thing indeed. :(