Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garr757

Tiny Clusters?

I've been on the Regimen about 3-4 months and I've pretty much gotten rid of the problem that I started this for. I usually had one or two inflamed pimples on my face at a given time, and they wouldn't form a white head until several days after surfacing. Other than the first few days of using the DKR Moisturizer (my face did NOT like that stuff), I've been clear for a good month or so.

I have some red marks, but I cover those up. I'm currently looking for a way to fade them, but that's not what this topic is about.

I now have a new problem. While it is very minor, especially in comparison to what I had before the Regimen, it's a little bothersome. I've been getting clusters of like, tiny red bumps along my forehead since a month or so into the Regimen. There are a few along my sideburns, and now a few next to my nose. They aren't too noticeable. Unless I'm directly in the light or outside, I don't think you can even really see them, but I know they're there and they're annoying.

I tried using the DKR twice a day for a couple months, but my face is sensitive and couldn't get used to it. I now use it once a day, and as I said, my acne is under control. Could that maybe be the reason why? What exactly are these things, and how can I get rid of them?

Help?

It sounds like comedal acne....tiny painless bumps right? I have something like that on my jaw area, and I am only using BP once a day now that I use retin-a. In my case I think it may be the retin-a though.

For you, it may be from only using BP once a day.....how did your skin not "get used to it" twice a day? Dryness, redness & slight burning is pretty normal for the first 2-3 months.

You sad you only do DKR once a day, but do you still wash & moisturize in the morning w/out applying BP?

What moisturizer are you using? Have you thought of using one with an AHA? That can help sometimes with comedal acne. Otherwise, you could try a BHA in the day since you aren't using BP then. A 2% salycic acid is good for comedal acne.

It sounds like comedal acne....tiny painless bumps right? I have something like that on my jaw area, and I am only using BP once a day now that I use retin-a. In my case I think it may be the retin-a though.

For you, it may be from only using BP once a day.....how did your skin not "get used to it" twice a day? Dryness, redness & slight burning is pretty normal for the first 2-3 months.

You sad you only do DKR once a day, but do you still wash & moisturize in the morning w/out applying BP?

What moisturizer are you using? Have you thought of using one with an AHA? That can help sometimes with comedal acne. Otherwise, you could try a BHA in the day since you aren't using BP then. A 2% salycic acid is good for comedal acne.

DO NOT USE RETIN-A! I had a horrible expirience with it and it totally turned my face beat red after my 8 months were up. Try something natural unless you've got cystic acne in which case then I guess stick with Retin-A. I just want to warn you because I wouldnt want anyone else to have the same side effects I did.

DO NOT USE RETIN-A! I had a horrible expirience with it and it totally turned my face beat red after my 8 months were up. Try something natural unless you've got cystic acne in which case then I guess stick with Retin-A. I just want to warn you because I wouldnt want anyone else to have the same side effects I did.

I've been on it 12 weeks ;)

The only problems I've had is initial dryness (now gone) and now these tiny red bumps....honestly, my skin is generally better though. I have 0 large pimples now and few red marks left. I'm going to the derm in Oct and I'll see what she says.

Thanks for the concern though :)

They are tiny, painless bumps with a reddish-skin color. When I used it twice a day, my skin got really irritated, dry, and burned a bit. It looked and felt terrible. Like I said, once a day has kept me pretty much clear. In the mornings, I'll either wash it with the cleanser, or just do nothing. Since these have surfaced, I've tried using the BP and Moisturiser on them (in addition to the cleanser) twice a day, but it just made them redder and irritated that section of my face.

I'm considering stopping the DKR. I'm fairly sure the reason I had my acne problems was that I would always be touching/picking at my face, and rarely had my hands cleaned beforehand. I've been talking to my mom about it, and she suggested I just rinse it with warm water twice a day, one of those times using a wash cloth. Just to gently lay it against my face, and lightly rub it against where I still have blackheads, then moisturise if and when I need it. I figured that plus not touching my face might keep my original problem at bay, and in time, heal what the Regimen has done (not trying to make it sound bad here).

We may go talk to a dermatologist if that doesn't work.

What do you think?

They are tiny, painless bumps with a reddish-skin color. When I used it twice a day, my skin got really irritated, dry, and burned a bit. It looked and felt terrible. Like I said, once a day has kept me pretty much clear. In the mornings, I'll either wash it with the cleanser, or just do nothing. Since these have surfaced, I've tried using the BP and Moisturiser on them (in addition to the cleanser) twice a day, but it just made them redder and irritated that section of my face.

I'm considering stopping the DKR. I'm fairly sure the reason I had my acne problems was that I would always be touching/picking at my face, and rarely had my hands cleaned beforehand. I've been talking to my mom about it, and she suggested I just rinse it with warm water twice a day, one of those times using a wash cloth. Just to gently lay it against my face, and lightly rub it against where I still have blackheads, then moisturise if and when I need it. I figured that plus not touching my face might keep my original problem at bay, and in time, heal what the Regimen has done (not trying to make it sound bad here).

We may go talk to a dermatologist if that doesn't work.

What do you think?

That's a typical reaction when you first start increasing the amount of BP to a full finger twice a day. You just have to moisturize well & rough it out.

If you're happy with once a day results then stick with that. It sound like your acne is very mild (only 1-2 inflamed zits), so maybe it can be controlled with less effort.

I really don't think that plain warm water is the solution though....acne is an infection of bacteria which feeds on oil in clogged pores, so if there's nothing to kill the bacteria or keep the pores clear then the pimples will form.

Again I recommend using a BHA, and you could even replace BP with it since your inflammatory acne is so minimal. Salycic acid will unclog pores & keep them clear, so that they won't get infected, but it doesn't have the kind of anti-bacterial properties that BP does.