Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simple2007

Moisturizer that contains Zinc?

My mom(who is a midwife) came home with some stuff of "Zwitsal" that contains zinc.

It says "prevents irritation and helps restoration of the skin".

I'm kinda curious if someone used it before or something a-like?

I'm kinda tempted to use it but i'm afraid i'll breakout or whatever.(I'm on the regimen for 3 weeks now. My acne is very mild currently. everything seems to clear up slowly)

I read somewhere to check if it contains some bad ingredients.. but i forgot the names can anyone post those again here?

(It contains: aqua, paraffinum, liquidum, zinc oxide, petrolatum, adipic acid, dimethicone, cera microcristallina, dicocoyl pentaerythrityl distearyl citrate, glyceryl oleate, glycerin, sorbitan sesquioleate, allantoin, bisabolol, zinc sulfate, magnesium sulfate, ozokerite, hydrogenated castor oil, aluminum stearate, proppylene glycol, glyceryl isostearate, polyglyceryl-3 oleate, bht, dmdm hydantoin, quaternium-15, dichlorobenzyl alcohol.)

Hope someone can give me some advice on this!

(EDIT: after i saw the alcohol thing i immediatly checked what it was..

2,4-Dichlorobenzyl alcohol is a mild antiseptic, able to kill bacteria associated with mouth and throat infections. It is a common ingredient in throat lozenges such as Strepsils.

Doesn't seem so bad

It also seems to protect you from UV rays? aka sunscreen?)

awesome! i was looking for that. It doesn't seem to break me out or anything btw but it leaves a small amount of white residu left.. tried to use it for a few days on my chin( in the evening ) but it seems to help!

(PS: i checked the site.. it seems to contain alot of non-Comedogenicity and not-irritatable ingredients!)

(It contains: aqua, paraffinum, liquidum, zinc oxide, petrolatum, adipic acid, dimethicone, cera microcristallina, dicocoyl pentaerythrityl distearyl citrate, glyceryl oleate, glycerin, sorbitan sesquioleate, allantoin, bisabolol, zinc sulfate, magnesium sulfate, ozokerite, hydrogenated castor oil, aluminum stearate, proppylene glycol, glyceryl isostearate, polyglyceryl-3 oleate, bht, dmdm hydantoin, quaternium-15, dichlorobenzyl alcohol.)

im not so sure about these ingredients....

im not so sure about these ingredients....

Petrolatum is good, I've heard hydrogenated stuff is good for skin.