Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskins

Start accutane or try Doxycline

ok so im 16 years old. ive got pretty mild acne. its not too badd, but sum days itl luk horrible. i met my derm a few days back. i had used minocycline for 3 months. didnt realy do much. my derm says he wont give me accutane cuz i didnt need it =/ but i totaly think i do. ive also got acne on my sholders and sum on the chest. now i dono why, i suddenly got a breakout=/ and its never been this bad. cud it be becuz of the doxycline ive been using for a few days? that mean its workin? hmmm. u guys thnk i shud try the doxyline for a while or its gona do nothing just like minocycline, and i shud just go to another derm and jump to accutane...

if u are afraid of the accutane side effect,i would suggest u continue doxycycline because when i first started i initially breakout a lot and then after that it got better.But then if u still think doxycycline isnt working for you then u can consider accutane as a option.

Best Of Luck!

if u are afraid of the accutane side effect,i would suggest u continue doxycycline because when i first started i initially breakout a lot and then after that it got better.But then if u still think doxycycline isnt working for you then u can consider accutane as a option.

Best Of Luck!

il wait another week. il go to the derm. lets see what he thinks. the breakout il get with accutane. will it be prety much just like the 1 i got with the doxy. or wud it be worse? also, if the doc prescribed Retin a for me, but i use diferen gel. is that cool? cuz diferen rEALLLy works gud 4 me

I think you should express your concerns to your derm. There is nothing wrong with getting a second opinion. Some Dr.'s may not prescribe it. You could always talk to them again and if you feel you are not being heard, you should see a different doctor who listens to your concerns. Good luck! Let us know what happens!