Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwolves

What else could be causing acne?

I take antibiotics and have a good cleansing reimen to take care of bacterial acne. I take B5, Saw Palmetto, vit a, zinc, and omega 3,6, and 9 to lower oil production, I have had to food intolerance tests come back negative.

So apart from oil production, bacteria, and diet, what else could cause acne cause Im still getting it at 23!

I hope the antibiotics have helped.

Sounds like whatever could be causing the acne might be something that cannot be changed or prevented.

I used to think that kissing my husband makes me break out as he has naturally oily skin (though, a great complexion, how does that work!). But I think it's wrong.

I believe it's just exposure. I know some people have it worse than others. And that's something I cannot explain.

I'm still in the first stages of trying to be so much better about taking care of my skin.

Keeping up a regular regimen, since I wasn't blessed with beautifully acne-free skin. My skin is sensitive, so I try not to touch my face at all throughout the day.

You mentioned you have no food allergies...ever think of maybe detergent allergies?

You are taking so much, maybe too much??

Keep thinking, testing and hopefully you will stumble upon your answer to beautiful skin!

Then let me know :D

Have you thought about sugar?

I am currently on B5, evening primrose, and use BP to treat any flare ups (which are now very rare).

Despite all these, I used to get the odd heavy breakout and couldn't understand why. I was taking my B5 as instructed, using the BP regimen, and some weeks I woud be totally clear and then all of a sudden, BAM!!!! BREAKOUT HELL!

One day I ate 2 slices of carrot cake. A day or so later I had a really bad flare up of all these cysts. It was then that I wondered if sugar was the culprit. I stopped all intake of as much sugar as I could, no cakes, no sweets, no biscuits, no sugar in my tea etc. Of course, there are some things I still eat that have sugar in ie bread. But i stay away from it as much as I can. The result- clear skin for the majority of the time. If I cut out sugar completely, ie stopped with the bread etc, then I have no doubt I would have beautifully clear skin forever!

I have found my culprit and now I can control my acne!

Well your list doesn't seem to be very scientific. I mean it has both oil production AND diet. Diet could be the thing that affects oil production the most so it is rather like describing how a man who was shot actually died: 'The bullet entered his aortic artery... another factor was that his aortic artery lost alot of blood after being ruptured.'

I would say: bacterial, oil production, faulty shedding of skin (inadequate desquamation/apoptosis, hyperkeratinization ...w/e you wanna call it.) and inflammation.

I take antibiotics and have a good cleansing reimen to take care of bacterial acne. I take B5, Saw Palmetto, vit a, zinc, and omega 3,6, and 9 to lower oil production, I have had to food intolerance tests come back negative.

So apart from oil production, bacteria, and diet, what else could cause acne cause Im still getting it at 23!

You are right about the oil but its when oil teams up with excess dead skin cells that causes a blocked pore which creates an anaerobic environment for acne bacteria to grow in and cause inflammation. What are you doing about exfoliating your skin? Salycilic acid and Alpha hydroxyl acid do a great job without irritating. Good luck!

you're still getting acne because your pores are still getting too clogged.

i suggest that you use a BHA to exfoliate your pores.

good luck!

It's genetics. No matter how healthy you are, if your parent(s) had it chances are you will too.

ALSO all the chemicals in topical products distruct the nature of your skin, therefore your skin cannot heal itself (I don't know what topicals you use though)

It could also be the weather/climate, blood heat (my acne clinic person told me this) actually the list goes on...