Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetPCdenise

weird cysts that only oil comes out of

Hi,

I am new and I am pretty desperate and want to know if any of you have had large painful cysts that when they are expressed that oil comes out, not puss or blood. I have had one over a year. It grew to the size of a peanut and when I poked it with a needle immediate relief occured and now only oil comes out and when I push on it a clicking sound occurs. Then if I pick it with a needle its like its breaking seals on something. I have been putting scar patches on it and it draws out the oil but it doesnt heal up. I have been to 4 derms and they have no idea what it is and try to give me the same old crap and scream at me for picking. If I dont pick it just grows to a painful size and I HAVE to express it. Now I am left with a mountain on my face or well actually a volcano that oil erupts from it. Has anyone had anything like this? My Mom had a terrible face and I think this is what she dealt with. My face is otherwise clear with the occassional little breakout that go away right away. I have tried every single thing over the counter and taken every antibiotic and it doesnt do anything. Do you all think accutane will help and also will it make me nuts?

Thank you so much for listening. I am so tired of everyone staring at my hole and telling me its from my messin with it.

Me too Duane, three courses.. For me accutane did get rid of the big cysts.

I used to get cysts like that, only the fluid in my case was clear or clear yellowish, & wasn't oil. It would dry to a crust.

yeah. i don't get the huge monsters anymore, but i get cysts if i don't stay on a regimen.

yeah. i don't get the huge monsters anymore, but i get cysts if i don't stay on a regimen.

I used to get these babies all the time. And as gruesome as it sounds, I used to love that clickig sound when I pushed them, I felt relief and like it was clearing my pore! Sick, I know!

Try hydrogen peroxide (3%) which you can get at Boots or any pharmacist, but you have to ask for it, they don't stock it on the shelves, its stored behind the counter.

Each night (for about 3 nights), soak a cotton wool ball in hydrogen peroxide (make sure it is no higher than 3% concentration, if it is more then dilute with water) and hold onto the cyst for 10 mins. It may sting, especially if you have recently popped it and there is exposed skin. It may start bubbling and go white. Don't worry, thats just dead tissue and is a natural reaction to the hydrogen peroxide.

Don't do this in the morn or if you are due to go out anywhere as the area will be white and red for maybe up to 2 hours. It is normal for the skin in the surrounding area to turn white too, kind of like a bleaching effect, but his wears off quickly.

This stuff is great for killing cysts, its kind of like BP, but works quickly.

This should not be used as a daily regimen, which is why i say only use it 3 nights running max. It is harsh and should only be used as an emergency fix like yours.

That white tissue that shows up when applying H202 is a sign of maceration, or bad tissue irritation (maceration - think of teeth chewing something, that's also a description of damaged tissue from substances and/or moisture). Hydrogen peroxide can damage wounded tissue; it is not a good thing to use. If you simply must and insist upon using it, rinse it off after you've applied it. Hydrogen peroxide can also cause scar tissue, particularly on freshly wounded tissue. It interferes with healing.

To the OP: you should go to another dermatologist and see if you need cortisone, excision, or antibiotics or a combination of those three and something else.

Please see the link at the bottom of my signature for interim measures to try until you see a derm.