Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoomerSooner1991

I hate being in high school with really bad acne....

:boohoo:

I'm on Accutane at the moment [well, not Accutane, it's this stuff called barr] and highschool really SUCKS when you have acne all over your damn face.... I have this one guy in my Spanish 2 class who insists on calling it "my nasty". I knew what he meant right away and I almost beat the crap out of him.... What I wouldn't give for him to be in my position. Even some of my friends make fun of it and they know I don't like it and when you're depressed from the Accutane it really doesn't help....

Whatever, this'll all be over in a few months. Thing is tho, you don't have a few months in highschool. 3 more months of this Accutane and I'm gonna be halfway through Sophomore year and Junior year will be here before I know it and I don't even have a girlfriend yet thanks to my God-awful face.... Gah!! Hurry up Accutane!!

Sorry for the rant, just needed somewhere to vent....

I went through that................ without accutane. So consider yourself lucky. I went through highschool and college with it. There is always a bright side.

College is tougher than highschool ever was for me because at least in highschool some people had it. Here in college it feels like theres a cure and i just missed the memo. It doesnt help that im dealing with the worst stuff ive ever had. Get tough buddy, get strong, i want you to beat acne i really do.

Thanks for the support RCRanger and others.

Doc says 1 month I should see good improvement.... Gah!! Accutane you're killin' me....

Whatever we'll get through this, RCRanger. All we can do is wait and see, just like you said.

man i no how u feel, in a 10th grader in a big highschool, and when i walk down the hallway i feel people look at me all the time , so i just walk with my head down now, but if anyone ever said anything to me i would grind their face into a brike wall and see how they like it. Stay strong buddy

omg i feel exactly the sammmeee wayy! its krazy. im also in high school . last year for me (grade 12) and ive had acne since i was on grade 9. it went bad. then it was prety cool for a while. it didnt clear. but it was reallllllly moderate. and then on grade 10 my face just went wild. i did 5 sessions of bluelight, and i tuk proactiv as well . and my face cleard , but not COMPLETLY. but alot beter than it was. i dono if it was the proactiv or blulight. and im on accutane now (day 4). i wish i had done this ages back. so yep. im going thru exactly the same thing. and it sucks. i cant wait for the day i wake up feeling like i do look gud

Wow small world, we live in the same city. I graduated from Marshfield in 05. Where do you go to school at? And more importantly, how's the accutane coming along?

Hey man.. if it makes you feel any better at all, remember there are others in your position. I was and still am one of them.

All through high school I had 'bad enough' acne that I never went after any girls. Even if one seemed interested, I always felt like she was staring at my acne instead of me when we were talking. This caused me to get distant with a few girls that, looking back, might've actually liked me.

Now I'm in my first year of college, and having still just as bad acne, I suffer the same problem. I wish you luck! I'm gonna try out this new Aqua Glycolic face wash that I just read about and see if it helps any.

If someone is making remarks about your acne to you in school, it is a form of bullying, and you do not need to tolerate it. Perhaps your parents should talk to the school officials about how you feel and how you are treated. I know that is much easier said than done, because by asking for help from the school officials, it might backfire, or since many school adminstrators tend to not be the brightest bulbs on the Christmas Tree, their help may prove ineffective. If that is the case you need to carefully document everything and find a good lawyer. Springfield, MO is a state capital, so there must be plenty around.

You can't take the bastards that torment you out in the back and beat the s**t out of them, because then you are the bad guy and you will get punished, thereby affirming the fact that you are uncouth, unhygenic and ignorant in their eyes.

That bit about schools teaching tolerance towards others is a bunch of crap, it's no different today than when I went to high school over forty years ago. The big difference is today you have rights and are empowered to exercise those rights.

Good luck and God Bless,

Joe Zit

Hey Buddy,

I survived it, but I still think I have emotional scars from it.

One thing I want to mention is something that is really helping me with the emotional and mental side of all of this.

It's a book called Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz.

It's a great book about self-improvement and self-image to lead to a better life. I think it will help anyone dealing with these issues, or ANYTHING in their life.

If someone is making remarks about your acne to you in school, it is a form of bullying, and you do not need to tolerate it. Perhaps your parents should talk to the school officials about how you feel and how you are treated. I know that is much easier said than done, because by asking for help from the school officials, it might backfire, or since many school adminstrators tend to not be the brightest bulbs on the Christmas Tree, their help may prove ineffective. If that is the case you need to carefully document everything and find a good lawyer. Springfield, MO is a state capital, so there must be plenty around.

You can't take the bastards that torment you out in the back and beat the s**t out of them, because then you are the bad guy and you will get punished, thereby affirming the fact that you are uncouth, unhygenic and ignorant in their eyes.

That bit about schools teaching tolerance towards others is a bunch of crap, it's no different today than when I went to high school over forty years ago. The big difference is today you have rights and are empowered to exercise those rights.

Good luck and God Bless,

Joe Zit

Haha it should be the state capitol, but alas, Jefferson City is.

thank god i went thru highschool without too many acne problems, i can imagine how hard it wouldve been

Shoot i probably made fun of a few kids back in the day

Hang in there, i had acne really bad my last 2 years of highschool and all my college years.. Really messes you up socially when you hate people looking at your face. and those are the years you develop socially.

yo dude i know how you feel. FUck high school!

im in my first year of collge now acne all cleared from accutane.

i had acne all through high school . not 1 girlfriend. now im college with my face clear im talking to so many girls

Dont worry youll get through it !!

Face full of acne in high school, college, and now on the job.

Yes people notice and comment, but all I can do is pretend it's not there. Accutane didn't clear me up permanently, but maybe it will for you. Look to your parents. Ask them when they stopped developing acne. Unfortunately, my dad's did not stop until he was late 20s.

I'm in my last year of high school, had acne all the way through high school, maybe developed it before, I don't remember TBH. It is a nightmare, and though I don't get comments about my skin (not to my face anyway), I'm very self concious (sp?) about it. I'm 16 and have never had a boyfriend (I go to an all girls' school and don't have the confidence to go out looking for a BF). I'm trying deperately to get it cleared up before I start college next year, but I don't seem to have much luck. With so many conflicting opinions out there, it's so hard to know whether to cover yourself in chemicals and hope for the best, to leave it be or something between the two. Sometimes I just feel like curling up in a corner and crying :wall:

wow your 16 entering senior year. That must mean your like a super genius. That trumps acne any day. Really smart girls are the sexiest BY FAR.

wow your 16 entering senior year. That must mean your like a super genius. That trumps acne any day. Really smart girls are the sexiest BY FAR.

No, not super genius I'm afraid, just live in the UK! :lol:

Hey dude, I know exactly how you feel. I'd say I have moderately-severe acne, but its not because I'm constantly covered in zits. Its because I usually have 2-3 very large red bumps on my face (along with multiple smaller whiteheads and blackheads) and it seems like everyone I talk to is just staring at my zits. It doesn't make it any better when I pick at them and they scab over. That's just embarassing. =(

But this year (my junior year in high school) I've just started seeing a dermatologist, and I'm being more socially active. When you find the right group to hang out with, they don't care about how you look. One day I'll come to school completely clear and the next I'll have multiple red marks and scabs on my face. The cool part is, they treat me the same either way.

I promise you, if you just try to be less self conscious of how you look in the mirror you're be much more happy with your situation. Just focus on your eyes in the mirror and convince yourself that you'll be alright today, tomorrow, and the next day. I've been dealing with acne since early in middle school, and I started getting whiteheads in elementary school. Its been going on a long time, but I've made the best of it. Just look around sometime at high school and notice the other people that are dealing with acne. They're in the same situation as you are.

Hope this helps!

Oddly enough, my acne was worse in high school than it is now, but it bothered me waaay less in high school. I figured I'd grow out of it. :(

Although I was also grossly ignorant about skin care in HS, I may have worried more if I'd actually known about skin care.