Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XMorganX

how did you go cold turky

i know i can do it,i did it with meat(for a month though)and it pretty much cleared my up,then i got massive breakouts after breaking it.and now im banning meat,and pretty much im 90% clear,but how do you cut off dairy and all things dairy products,with meat it's pretty easy,but with dairy i cant.do you have any tips???how long did it take you to get off it?

p.s:maybe telling me something discusting about it will help,after i read the FDA accepts small amount of rodent hair and bugs in penut butter i havn't had any at all

i know i can do it,i did it with meat(for a month though)and it pretty much cleared my up,then i got massive breakouts after breaking it.and now im banning meat,and pretty much im 90% clear,but how do you cut off dairy and all things dairy products,with meat it's pretty easy,but with dairy i cant.do you have any tips???how long did it take you to get off it?

p.s:maybe telling me something discusting about it will help,after i read the FDA accepts small amount of rodent hair and bugs in penut butter i havn't had any at all

Dairy is very are hard to cut out. There is dairy even everything now a days, it's ridiculous. To avoid milk try soy, online food stores, or just pay absolute attention to what you buy.... There are lot of words that mean milk but are in a whole different language. Sometimes no dairy means they are just using other words to define the dairy. I hate the way people lie to sale their crap.. GAG!

About the FDA and nasty stuff in food.... There is pretty much nasty stuff in all food. From bugs, to hair, to poison, to bacteria... It's just the world we live in and nothing is going to be a 100% clean. But it still will be safe to eat, so don't go all crazy just because there's rat hair in your peanut butter. If you think about it and rat hair really disgusts you then you'll probably stop eating lots of other foods... Like ketchup. Ketchup has bugs in it....

The rodent hair part isnt surprising.

I read a few chapters of the famous book "The Jungle" last year. It is a first-hand account of what the author saw happen in the meat packing plants in the 1930s.

It went something like this, "....Rats, hundreds of them, clinging and knawing into the bloody chunks of animal flesh laying on the butcher floor." "Workers shovel the chunks of flesh, blood and dozens of squirming rats into the meat grinders..."

The book's publication made the public outcry because meat-packing plants are just filthy.

-----------------------

Anyway.

I've researched dairy for about 2 years:

Did you know that the FDA does "pus counts"? So much pus is allowed into the milk-- because cow's udders are so swollen and infected that they are always oozing pus?

Have you heard of the expression, "Got pus?" (instead of milk :P).

http://www.meat.org <--- That covers milk cows a little bit.

And a movie about how milk and dairy RUINS our health is located here:

http://www.movieflix.com/movie_info.mfx?movie_id=2044

Its free and 14 minutes long. It will show you how dairy clogs pores after awhile.

Dairy kinda grosses me out now... I havent eaten it in a year and a half... and I'm so glad I took it out of my diet... i do not think it is very good for ya anyway!! humans were not meant to drink cows milk. Dairy was easier to quit than meat would be... I love my organic meat.... cant help it. At leats when I eat organic meat I know that the animals were trated way better.

I cut dairy out easily enough, I just haven't cut the meat. Didn't know it was a problem actually. I guess anything can be a prob for acne. I already don't eat dairy, grains, and sweets. If I take out meat my food pyramid will collapse! All I'll have left is fruit and vegies!

The Got Pus? Advertisements really got to me and made me think. And I was shocked to learn how much pus is allowed into the milk (not just a few drops but litterally quite a bit).

"The rodent hair part isnt surprising.

I read a few chapters of the famous book "The Jungle" last year. It is a first-hand account of what the author saw happen in the meat packing plants in the 1930s.

It went something like this, "....Rats, hundreds of them, clinging and knawing into the bloody chunks of animal flesh laying on the butcher floor." "Workers shovel the chunks of flesh, blood and dozens of squirming rats into the meat grinders..."

The book's publication made the public outcry because meat-packing plants are just filthy."

That's just discusting!!!!!

i know alot of food has nasty stuff in it,

but the thing was,i wass addicted,

i mean addicted to penut butter,had for almost every meal,

and when i cut it out,it helped clear for some reason the left side of my cheeks

I dunno if you're an animal person or not but if you are you can go to GoVeg.com and they have quite a bit of info about the inhumane treatment of the animals. You could probably search on Google too, you'll probably find a lot of info there. And about the peanut butter thing, I know most grocery stores have a place where you can make peanut butter with pure peanuts, you just grind them up and they don't have all the preservatives and shit like that, I dunno if it'll make a difference with your acne or not though.

I love peanut butter, eww that's so gross.

Oh, and giving up dairy would be hard for me (yogurt, cheese I eat daily). Especially milk! But I've heard of nut milk you can make yourself, I might try that.

I too eat dairy products on a daily basis and would find it very hard to cut it out of my diet, there is so many different types of foods that people say we need to avoid to prevent acne, i just find it hard to see what food is left to eat besides fruit and veg, has anyone got like a checklist type thing for the foods they eat each day that has worked for them as i'm really confused on what my diet should include.

I too eat dairy products on a daily basis and would find it very hard to cut it out of my diet, there is so many different types of foods that people say we need to avoid to prevent acne, i just find it hard to see what food is left to eat besides fruit and veg, has anyone got like a checklist type thing for the foods they eat each day that has worked for them as i'm really confused on what my diet should include.

I just got finished reading the book Skinny Bitch, and it has definetly convinced me to become a vegan. I know it may be hard, but you can't think of it as giving something up, just subsituting one thing for something healthier. And don't be negative about it, don't continue to say I can't give up milk, or it is going to be to hard to give up milk, or it's going to be so hard to give up milk. Speak it into existence. I gave up milk, I don't eat dairy products, ect.

But I would go totally organic. Find a grocery store near you that sells organic food, like Trader Joe's, and try your hardest. Just take it one day at a time.

And I do recommend reading Skinny Bitch, even if you aren't trying to diet or go vegan, it is actually a very good read, and they have descriptions of things that you can subsitute itmes with. It also talks about what different things are good for you to eat which will help with acne, and prevent aging.

I just got finished reading the book Skinny Bitch, and it has definetly convinced me to become a vegan. I know it may be hard, but you can't think of it as giving something up, just subsituting one thing for something healthier. And don't be negative about it, don't continue to say I can't give up milk, or it is going to be to hard to give up milk, or it's going to be so hard to give up milk. Speak it into existence. I gave up milk, I don't eat dairy products, ect.

But I would go totally organic. Find a grocery store near you that sells organic food, like Trader Joe's, and try your hardest. Just take it one day at a time.

And I do recommend reading Skinny Bitch, even if you aren't trying to diet or go vegan, it is actually a very good read, and they have descriptions of things that you can subsitute itmes with. It also talks about what different things are good for you to eat which will help with acne, and prevent aging.

This last year, my father had gout. He had it so badly that he had to quit his job. A nutritionalist put him on a vegan diet for 1 month and the gout disappeared within the first 2 weeks. He has been able to go back to work now 100% healthy.

My dad also relayed to me that two other men at his job were suffering from serious health problems (I forget what)... and they went out on a limb and tried a vegan diet as their absolute last resort... and their health problems disappeared completely. The story was funny because these two men were the anti-vegetarian type.... big, burly he-man meat-eaters.

Everyone seems to think about healthier diets in terms of 'giving up stuff'. But are you looking at what you're gaining? You will have clear skin, you will become leaner, you'll sleep better, you'll look better, you'll feel better, you will BE better. You're giving up unhealthy food, but you're gaining pretty much everything else. Just think how all the things you gain affect other aspects of your life. But the thing is you don't really have to give up these foods. I mean, it's not like for the rest of your life you will never have a milkshake again. A few times a year you can have ice cream or cheeseburgers or whatever else you like. As long as you choose natural, free-range meats, and organic breads and dairy there really is no reason why you can't cheat on holidays or your birthday.

You're not giving anything up, you're gaining a better way to live and feel. :)