Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bug

truth about blackheadz

i learned this the hard way, after laser resurfacing. i'm one of those sorry sobs that has hundreds of blackheads on my nose, and cheeks.

well, i had laser resurfacing done all over my face, including the nose. what happens, is you're all bloody and fulla pus for a few days, so every day they change the bandaging (your face is bandaged for 3-4 days).

laser burns off the top layer of skin on your face. so every time they took off the bandages, they would clean my face and wipe it down. i would look in the mirror while my bandages were off. they burned off the skin, so that now, the blackheads were exposed, and instead of being black, they were small white dots. but because they were now on TOP of the skin, i could just wipe them off (had to be kinda rough). so, all my blackheads were finally gone! except, the next day, every single one came back, and my nose and cheeks were all bumpy. and i'd wipe them off, and sure enough, they were back the next day.

it sucks. but there's really nothing you can do, cuz they just come back by the next day. you can sweat and jog, and they'll pop out easier, but they're comin back...

then again, i read about an asian man who said he had tons of blackheads too. he saw a chinese internal medicine doctor who prescribed some herbal tea. he said that in 2 months, he was clear of them. so, i'd say topically, doesn't last. but maybe if you work it internally, that's the way to do it.

chinese internal medicine doctor who prescribed some herbal tea. he said that in 2 months, he was clear of them.

hmmm...herbal tea you say...im definately gonna try that out =D

ya, but i mean REAL herbs. like i had to buy it online, and it came by the pound. i actually paid $600 for a 2 month supply.

and it was specific to that one guy. it was like 10-15 things. like, dandelion, licorice, some pearl, some other stuff. which can be kinda dangerous if you o.d. on it.

sorry i don't know the recipe. it was a website i saw like 5 years ago. it didn't work for me, cuz i didn't stick w/ it. and it tastes like pure dirt and your diarrhea is black.

but the guy said it worked wonders for him. and he was in his 30s, so i doubt it was just him outgrowing the condition.

O.O lol nevermind then. i dont want to pay a lot of cash for some expensive herbs. Id much prefer an easier home remedy...like eating an apple every day lol