Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joel

Broken out almost like a rash

Recently, I quit using benzoyl peroxide because my classes at school start so early. I just missed several days and just started getting slack and not doing my regimen. So, it's probably been about a week with little or no benzoyl peroxide. A few days ago, I started to break out with hundreds (if not verging on a thousand) tiny inflamed blemishes. It's driving me mad because it makes me feel insecure and I'm already stressed enough with all these exams and homework.

The only thing I can think of that I've recently changed is

- I used queen helene mint julep mask a couple times (but this didn't cause this to happen before)

- I started drinking instant coffee (maybe i'm allergic? :))

(oh and quitting benzoyl peroxide)

Is it possible that quitting benzoyl peroxide like this has caused my skin to blow up almost like a rash?

Also, the rash is concentrated on my forehead and directly on my nose. Almost no symptoms on cheeks and below.

I used to get this all the time, and it was quite a painful rash too, like the feeling of raised sunburn. Not nice.

The way to get rid is to get back on the regime I'm afraid, even if you just do it at night, it will make it go away. BP will get rid of it, just persevere, and you will have a nice clear forehead again.

The strange thing about it is that my skin never would've broken out like that had I never used BP in the first place. I've always had mild acne. Well, I diagnosed myself as having acne. It's mostly clogged pores due to excessive oily skin. I'm tempted to try new things now...but I'll probably just go back to BP if my skin doesn't show any improvement soon.

Hey....i had this too on my weekend trip to canada, couldn't bring all my stuff so it was just soap and water. Then i realized everytime i washed my face i had this rash like stuff what joel was talking about near the top arch of my noise and slightly below the middle of my eyebrows. I was like wth? no idea what caused it... im back on my reg, i was kinda worried at first cause it wouldn't calm down untill a like 20mins or so after i washed.

beats me what cause this. :shrug: its really bothering me if its because i didnt use BP, isnt it uh not normal?

Hey....i had this too on my weekend trip to canada, couldn't bring all my stuff so it was just soap and water. Then i realized everytime i washed my face i had this rash like stuff what joel was talking about near the top arch of my noise and slightly below the middle of my eyebrows. I was like wth? no idea what caused it... im back on my reg, i was kinda worried at first cause it wouldn't calm down untill a like 20mins or so after i washed.

beats me what cause this. :shrug: its really bothering me if its because i didnt use BP, isnt it uh not normal?

mines actually spread, seems like its a sun burn? it kinda calms down after i wash my face still but gets irritated when i wash like it burns. hoping this goes away with moisterizing, laying off the BP and avoiding sunlight.