Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClearingUpFinally

Things you get paranoid about

When my acne was really bad my friends daughter used to ask if I had chickenpox EVERYTIME I went round there. She was only about 4 at the time but I found it highly embarrassing.

Anyone else have this?

She called her pet rabbit spotty and I even thought that was a dig at me - lol

My cousin's son (4 years old) saw me and shouted "What's on your face?! That's DISGUSTING!" at an extended-family dinner. The entire table went into an awkward silence. I'm careful to avoid him whenever possible now. :)

my mates little brother and sister once asked me what was on my face, his parents were in the room at the time so i thought i would take one for the team and actually save the parents some hassle "This is what happens when you don't have bath's everyday.." they wasn't mean about it, but i was later thanked by my mates parents as these 2 children especially hated taking baths, now they seem to race to be the first one in :lol:

Childrens comments really do not bother me, you have to remember that children make fun of and ask questions about what they don't understand, it's the only way they learn, it's adults comments that bother me, because they are supposed to have realised everyone is different and that things like acne and psoriasis (ignore the spelling) are common skin ailments, the fact they then choose to take the piss just because they want to make themselves feel big due to an insecurity in themselves is just pathetic.

my mates little brother and sister once asked me what was on my face, his parents were in the room at the time so i thought i would take one for the team and actually save the parents some hassle "This is what happens when you don't have bath's everyday.." they wasn't mean about it, but i was later thanked by my mates parents as these 2 children especially hated taking baths, now they seem to race to be the first one in :lol:

I've only gotten like one (maybe two) comments from kids about my acne, but it was just an innocent "do you have chicken pox", so I don't care. People always talk about adults making comments, but that's never happened to me and I could only imagine what that's like....disgusting.

People also get annoyed at friends making comments, even though they're trying to help, but I don't think there's any reason to. In the dorms all the time when I'm washing my face, or even not, they say "you should try this" or things like that. I just say something like, "thank you but I know what I'm doing" :).

I even appreciate them sometimes because it shows that they care and try to help as opposed to using it against me.

When my acne was really bad my friends daughter used to ask if I had chickenpox EVERYTIME I went round there. She was only about 4 at the time but I found it highly embarrassing.

Anyone else have this?

She called her pet rabbit spotty and I even thought that was a dig at me - lol

Yes.. sadly..

A kid asked me..

"What happened to your face"

... ugh..

silent moment..

emberassment..

my sister laughed...

GRR it made me angry at her

Like calibos said i dont really dwell on what kids say it's the adults comments that hurt me most ,

Because kids dont know much better cos they are still learning but adults are aware of the effects their comments will have on you and it makes me feel really shit to know that they have put a lot of thought into thinking of words that are filled with venom and hatred when you know they could of easily put that same amount of time and thought into thinking of something to make you feel better about yourself.

I work at an after school pogram with kids from kindergarten to 6th grade..Ive actually gotten more comments on my makeup than my acne..Kids will say "You wear sooo much makeup! Are you trying to look like Barbie? Why do you wear all that....stuff?" Id like to say "TO COVER MY ACNE!" But I just laugh and say "Because I like it that way.." Haha, but kids make me very paranoid..I hate when I see them staring at my face, usually Ill get up and walk away before they get a chance to think up something brilliant to say