Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
catrat242

my skin feels rough with the foundation on...?

My skin is pretty smooth to begin with; very easy to drag your finger along the side of my cheek. But lately I've noticed that when I put on my foundation (MAC's Studio Tech,if that helps), my finger seems to sort of "stick" to my face. Like, it's harder to glide my finger across it.

haha sorry thats so weird,but the finger this was the only way I could think of to describe it :P

Why is it? After a few minutes, it seems to be smooth again. haha whats going on here? Does it just take a moment or two for the foundation to settle?

If I put powder on, it dosent really make a difference--texture wise

any idea whats up?

thanks! :)

At a guess id say it has something to do with the oilyness of your skin...that, or your foundation might be getting too old and gluggy??

studio tech is a very emollient cream based foundation. i don't think it's a cream to powder, so the texture shouldn't really change (maybe when your skin secretes sebum and mixes with the foundation, but that's about it) so i don't know what else to tell you.

haha,thanks you guys :)

yeah im thinking that my face is just really dry when i put it on (since i use it like,right after i wash my face), but then "oiles" back up later...

thanks again :)

Do you moisturize before putting on foundation?

If you don't, then that would likely be why the texture looks bumpy at first.

I use the same foundation. Just LOVE mac!!! :catdance: You should moisturize your skin before putting on your make-up. Have you tried using primer before applying your foundation? It smoothes out the skin and the foundation goes on so easily and it lasts all day.