Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cotten

Spiro and sex drive

Hey ladies

Quick question for those on Spiro.

How does spiro effect your sex drive?

I was on Diane for 6 years with a non existent sex drive, and now that I have one again, I don't want to give it up!

Why must I choose between sex and acne??? LOL!

Anyways, my choices are accutane which ewwww or Spiro which seems less dangerous and more effective but the sex drive thing?

Please let me know your experiences everyone but especially if you have been on both Diane and Spiro.

Thanks,

Cotton

I had this concern as well. I don't think it will affect your sex drive, however. All the literature for it talks about it affecting male sexual ability, not female. And it talks about ability (i.e. erection), not drive. I haven't noticed a difference in the month I've been on spiro. I'm on 50 mg. I'm not seeing anyone though, so it's really hard for me to tell honestly. I do notice a difference in drive during my active pills from the birth control, and always have. So based on that, and how I feel during my inactive week, I can say that I don't think spiro has affected it. At least not yet!

Thanks for replying. I'm having a hard time deciding on a medication because, when I came off the pill my acne exploded into the worst it has ever been and I'm now 23.

The doc keeps saying accutane, but i think that because of the pill i'm sensitized to testosterone or something...

Its a really hard call, but its good to know you are not having problems with spiro.

Spiro IS known to decrease sex drive..... but not as much as the others for acne.

Have you tried other things to clear your acne? Mino? Retin-a and other topicals? If so and they didn't work, then you should consider accutane.

Accutane means NO acne, none..... and no pumping hormones into your body! :clap:

I have not noticed a reduction in sex drive with spiro. If anything, I feel sexier because my skin looks so great!

Spiro IS known to decrease sex drive..... but not as much as the others for acne.

Have you tried other things to clear your acne? Mino? Retin-a and other topicals? If so and they didn't work, then you should consider accutane.

Accutane means NO acne, none..... and no pumping hormones into your body! :clap:

I haven't noticed any effect on sex drive, however I have noticed a reduction in 'lubrication'. Any good lube can cure that though.

Yeah, I'm not willing to deal with the side effects of Accutane. Crohn's disease runs in my family and one of the side effects of accutane is may cause crohn's disease.... ahhhh!

Yeah, I'm not willing to deal with the side effects of Accutane. Crohn's disease runs in my family and one of the side effects of accutane is may cause crohn's disease.... ahhhh!

Awww, because I have a propensity towards utis... and no lube = more utis... ewwww...