Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xjmclarity

I had waxing done...

Over the summer I had some waxing done on my face and I had my eyebrows done. I had a little bit of hair on my upper lip, sides of my face, part of my cheeks, and chin that I just kinda wanted to get rid of. (I'm Italian...we have DARK hair!) Right after that, I suffered a MASSIVE breakout. My face was absolutely horrendous. I had little bumps COVERING the sides of my face and all over my cheeks and chin. It was sooo incredibly red. I couldn't wear make-up and everyone stared at me like I was some kind of monster. That lasted for over a week until it finally cleared up. I was terrified because I had it done on a Thursday, and the week after that on Saturday I had a John Mayer concert to go to. Thankfully, my face was pretty clear by the time the concert came.

Ever since then, though, I've been getting the worst acne of my entire life, all in those spots that I got waxed. I was thinking that, because I had layers of my skin taken off and my skin is already sensitive, that it just got even more sensitive and that's why everything is easily coming out onto my face. It seems like every little thing irritates it. Right now, my face is absolutely horrible. I think I'm just gonna stop using everything completely, especially the Benzoyl Peroxide. It's not even working, anyway. I just think all these products are making my face even worse by keeping my skin thin and sensitive.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do to help my skin grow and toughen up?

I can't wax anything. The last time I tried I ended up with bruised skin.

I also noticed that I get irritated bumps that sometimes turn into pustules from the new hair attempting to grow back. So, no more waxing for me!

I would try using a product like aquaphor at night to help your skin recover. It should help soothe and heal your face until you get that under control.

Oh, I'm Italian too. I use a panasonic facial trimmer that trims hair close to the skin, but does not tear it out at the roots. Inexpensive, works like a charm.. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm going through a horrible breakout right now, one that is similar to the one I went through after I had the waxing done. I'm not sure what triggered it, but it's awful. I'm considering not even going to school for the next couple days.

Also, after I had the waxing, I used a cooling gel that the lady at the salon gave me after I went back the next day to show her what had happened to my face. I also used some neosporin and I just used some Dove bar soap to wash my face. My face cleared up very nicely after that, but then I went back to using harsh face products and my face just won't go back to normal. I'm stopping the use of everything. I'm just gonna use a mild cleanser and that's it. Pray this works!

Thanks for your suggestion about the hair trimmer. I just recently got a battery-operated tweezer, but even that leaves me with irritated bumps for several days. I'll tell my mom about the trimmer, it's definitely something I'll have to check out.