Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Why me??

Face acne all gone, only body acne left

Okay for quite some time now my face has been relatively clear from new breakout, except for the occasional whitehead or two which usually go away within a few days. I'm just waiting for the scars and red marks to fade.

But the acne on my back and shoulders hasn't improved much. My chest is pretty okay, almost no new acne except for red bumps, it's the nodules and cysts on my back/shoulder that are worrying.

Why is this? I've already gone a healthy diet and am taking fish oil. Could it be because of my soap? I use just the ordinary, cheap Lux soap on my body. Maybe changing soaps might work? Is Dove good?

You could try changing soaps.

Another thing to consider is some type of folliculitis. If your acne is not mainly on your face it could very well be some type of folliculitis. You will have to go to a doctor or dermatologist for a diagnosis. If you do go, make sure they do a biopsy to determine the type of folliculitis because if they are treating you for the wrong thing it could make what you have worse.

For some reason if I cheat on my diet I get most of my breakouts on my back and shoulders too. I don't really know why...but I'm much happier with this than having them on my face :) .

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I notice that when I cheat on my diet (usually by eating lots of chocolates) my face doesn't seem to break out, but nodules form on my back and shoulders.

My face is already healing so now I'm concentrating on my back. haha. :)

I find it very interesting, the fact you have body and facial acne, but they flare up independently shows they are totally seperate issues, yet they belong to the same body?!

I reckon it must be the soap you use, cause you probably don't use it on your face. Try a medicated body soap, something soothing with tea tree oil or aloe vera in it.