Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have really sensitive skin... I've been using bp for about two months now and if I use it every day and night for about three days my skin gets really irritated and moisturizer burns my skin. Would switching to AG be a bad idea? How harsh is it?

Also, which group should I use? Dry/sensitive or acne prone? And which of the products? Just one (cleanser, cream, etc.) or all?

its not harsh at all. it would probably be just as good as benzoyl peroxide maybe even better for ur acne without the side effects. it may burn/itch for a few minutes the first few timse you use it but that will stop. plus it will make your skin look very healthy. google glycolic acid and u will learn alot about it. its supposed to bring moisture up to the surface of the skin to so you wont need a moisturizer

I have really sensitive skin... I've been using bp for about two months now and if I use it every day and night for about three days my skin gets really irritated and moisturizer burns my skin. Would switching to AG be a bad idea? How harsh is it?

Also, which group should I use? Dry/sensitive or acne prone? And which of the products? Just one (cleanser, cream, etc.) or all?

I can not say this enough: I LOVE AG!!! Seriously...I also have sensitive skin that seemed to react to everything no matter how gentle it was. Since I started using AG I can tell you that the breakouts I've suffered for the last 7 years or so have COMPLETELY stopped. The zits that were active when I started using it, started to clear up very very fast & I have not had one break out since. I wish I would have started it earlier...now I have to deal w/ the scars from the years of acne, but even those are fading nicely w/ the use of AG.

I know I sound like an ad, but I could not love this stuff any more. After just one use, my face felt sooooo smooth. I have not had even a teeny bit of irritation from using it.

My reg:

AM: AG cleanser followed by Dove Deep Moisture moisturizer

PM: AG cleanser followed by DK's BP & then the Dove moisturizer

I am thinking of getting rid of the BP just to see if it changes anything. That may be the extra "umph" that's keeping me clear of breakouts, so we'll see.

GOOD LUCK!

I have been using this for acouple of days [says when in my sig.] and i was wondering how long it took you to see results w/ your acne. i am liking the stuff so far..it doesnt even make my skin dry....yet.. = ]

i use the AG cleanser morning and night (the only product i use) and ive been doing so for about a week now. you will notice it starting to really help ur skin after a week. plus the best part of it is that the longer you use it the better your face will look. so give it a few weeks and you wont be sorry

Alright, I'm going to order some tonight...I'm scared to be honest! Right now I have some flaking and I hope AG won't make it worse, I'm expecting some just hope it's not outta control! Especially since my boyfriend is coming to visit me next saturday :wub:.

Hockey, how long have you been using it for? Did it make you dry at all? If so, when and how long did it last? Orrr did it make flakiness go away?

hahah sounds like a commericial ad, but im gonna join in too...

AG is great stuff, all minor scars have dissapeared and ive only been using it for about 5 days, 2 times a day with toner and moisturizers. Though my big scars are also fading, it does not see the progress the minor ones are.

ps. i also got off BP for this because BP totally damaged my skin, and made my scars tan like crazy

It will be a week for me 2morrow...I like how it makes my skin oh so soft! haha.. buuut..I am starting to break out = [ hmmm....i dont know :think: I know its only been a week so I will proly use this for a month/month and a half and see what happens. man i hope this works!! I shoulda got the Aqua Glycolic Toner to go with it.

It will be a week for me 2morrow...I like how it makes my skin oh so soft! haha.. buuut..I am starting to break out = [ hmmm....i dont know :think: I know its only been a week so I will proly use this for a month/month and a half and see what happens. man i hope this works!! I shoulda got the Aqua Glycolic Toner to go with it.

The toner may dry you out. I looked it up and it said that it's made for oily skin types.

I've been using it day and night for about two weeks and my skin is look fantastic! like seriously. I have been taking vitamin c/e/zinc/omega 3 as well as using bio oil.*

The toner may dry you out. I looked it up and it said that it's made for oily skin types.

I've been using glycolic acid (not Aqua Glycolic) since March. It is not inherently hydrating so one may need a moisturizer with it. I saw results of changed skin tone and texture within one week. Within one month (after the initial breakout) I had clearer skin and far fewer breakouts. You may experience an initial breakout in the first month of glycolic acid use.

You must use a sunscreen when using an AHA product! You risk hyperpigmentation and or increased sun damage.

I've been using glycolic acid (not Aqua Glycolic) since March. It is not inherently hydrating so one may need a moisturizer with it. I saw results of changed skin tone and texture within one week. Within one month (after the initial breakout) I had clearer skin and far fewer breakouts. You may experience an initial breakout in the first month of glycolic acid use.

You must use a sunscreen when using an AHA product! You risk hyperpigmentation and or increased sun damage.

Hmm...I really hope it clears me up. I don't know...DKR DID work and I keep reading the "biggest mistakes" page and reading the journals of the featured members or w/e to compare and I just know what I could be doing wrong....and even when I use bp every day and night I feel like it's doing more harm than good because my skin is constantly dry no matter what methods of gentle exfoliation and moisturizer I try...

Anyway, I have another question, just got my AG (yay!) does it remove makeup or should I take it off before using AG?

congrats on receiving your AG!

anyways, with the aveeno ultra calming moisturizer w/ spf15.. do you apply it everytime you use the AG in the mornings AND night?

anyways, with the aveeno ultra calming moisturizer w/ spf15.. do you apply it everytime you use the AG in the mornings AND night?

only morning

Hmm...I really hope it clears me up. I don't know...DKR DID work and I keep reading the "biggest mistakes" page and reading the journals of the featured members or w/e to compare and I just know what I could be doing wrong....and even when I use bp every day and night I feel like it's doing more harm than good because my skin is constantly dry no matter what methods of gentle exfoliation and moisturizer I try...

Anyway, I have another question, just got my AG (yay!) does it remove makeup or should I take it off before using AG?