Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edddyyy21

what the hell...

i dont know what im doing wrong...im using clindomycin and retin A but im still getting pimples all over my cheeks, which is where i get 99% of my pimples...how the heck are u suppposed to use these 2??? i also use aloa vera gel after i apply anything on my face...im starting to get really frustrated im getting some small inflammed pimples and some bigger ones...getting frustrated

Have you just started using these?

If so, then this is to be expected. This is the same combo that my doctor put me on, and I broke out pretty badly when I first started.

The Retin-A helps to increase cell turnover, so all the nasty stuff that was lying in wait below your skin is now coming to the surface.

If you've been on it for over two months, then I don't know what to tell you...maybe it's not for you. It wasn't for me.

ive been using the retin a for very long now...maybe 2 years...the clindomycin is new i used to use minocillin which i got clear on after 8 months but stopped using because being on antibiotic for too long is bad...is the clindomycin or retin a, a spot treat so u only put it on actiive pimples or what??? As well my cleanser might be irritating or not good or something as when i get outta the shower my face looks worse compared to before i washe it...any ideas on cleansers?

What does your face wash contain? The only thing that i see could be irritating your skin is the baby brushing, retin a is exfoliating your skin a sal acid cleanser will gently slough the dead skin away, try two weeks without the baby brushing and see if there is any difference. Also i dont see sunscreen in your regime, this is very important when using retinol or your skin will be irritated and acne will worsen. Be extra gentle when cleansing your face and when applying your creams. Try drinking good amounts of water, the more hydrated your skin is the quicker it heals itself. Hope this helps. God bless.

yea im going to cut out the baby brush method...my wash is a bar, has no salycilic acid or BP or any of those chemicals...ive been searching on this site for popular and good washes...cetaphil comes up alot, purpose and alpha hydroxy i believe...andyone have any tips on what wash to use...no one uses mine so it aint that popular AND it aint helping so i want to try something else...thanks!

Alpha Hydroxy Acids are good for people with dry skin, but Beta Hydroxyl Acid (Salicylic Acid) does the same thing but is oil soluble so it penetrates the pore and clears out dirt and oil. It would a good idea to use it in the morning and carry on with your bar at night.

I use 'Garnier Pure Foaming cleanser' which is soap free and contains salicylic acid it also has zinc and witch hazel to help with inflamation. Paula's Choice 1% BHA is also a good one.

The idea is to try and be as gentle with your skin as possible, avoid any abrasive exfolating methods such as scrubing exfoliating cloths and pads. AHAs and BHA do excatly the same thing but gently.

Goodluck, keep us posted . God Bless

Hm. The only thing I can say is that using a bar cleanser might not be good...the chemicals/thickeners they use to keep it in a bar form can be really irritating.

If you just started the clindamyacin, though, perhaps your skin is just flaring up from that? Usually with most acne treatments there's an initial flare-up. I'd say cut out anything else that could be irritating your face, and wait it out for a few weeks.