Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When ever you see a diagram of acne you always see sebum blocked behind a hair folicle. I myself only get acne where I grow facial hair. Never on my forehead, I sometimes get a whitehead with a hair sticking out the centre of it.

Would laser hair removal stop the sebum from becomming blocked behind the hair foilcle? I think it would and I think this would reduce the amount of acne pimples a person gets and the size of them.

for some its a cause...i know for me it definetly has been...my acne started later then many people, in grade 11 when i was 16, which was right when my facial hair started coming in for real...i think since my facial hair began to come in my oil production increased, resulting in acne...not sure though

I've heard both - that hair removal may help by unblocking the follicle. I have also heard that it can flare your acne, at least initially, due to the irritation involved with hair removal (such as laser or waxing). There is also a theory that one of the reasons we get acne (and other primates don't) is due to our relative lack of hair. The purpose of an oil gland and hair follicle is mainly to serve as a lubricant for the hair that grows out of the follicle. The hair also acts as a wick, and draws the oil out of the pore onto the hair's surface. According to those who support this line of thinking, removing the hair (or the wick), causes the oil to stay in the pore, allowing it to get blocked more easily.

At first when you have a wimpy thin beard, usually around your age, acne will flourish. Once your beard thickens and covers your entire face, it covers the acne and clears it.

Will acne clear when you grow a full beard or is just because you were that bit older and naturally grew out of it? How come every man with facial hair does not get acne? After all he too will be producing more oil to lube his beard. Or are some people lucky and even though they produce too much oil they have wide pours that dont become blocked?

idk about all the lazer removal and waxing stuff but i do know that shaving everyday (im only 16) has greatly improved my acne. i barley grow hair as it is but for some reason when i switched from shaving once every 2 weeks to evryday, i saw an improvement in my face.

yep, more i shave the better...i didnt shave for a week a little while ago (everyone said i look like im 21 lol) but i noticed i had less oil...but honestly i still had pimples and my face just looked worse in general...for me shaving is a better looking face

For me shaving just makes my acne worse, I think it’s to do with irritating the skin. Since i'm 16 i can live without shaving every day but i worry that as i get older this could become a problem.