Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!Steven!

Accutane & going gym = Muscle bulk:D ?

y0

So ive just started accutane as you can read in my log!!

I read in someone else's log that whilst they where on accutane and they went the gym even hough yes they got aches and pains abit.. they felt they where putting alot of muscle bulk on:D:D:D

What i am asking is... did you??? or no anyone who did :D

I was too depressed to workout while I was on Accutane. I'm slowly getting back into it now since I have a few more weeks left.

I have no idea about the muscle bulking part, but why on earth would there be a problem drinking protein shakes on tane? It can't be because of vitamin A.

I'm probably going to hit the gym here soon and do some lifting. Probably nothing compared to what I'll do when I'm off tane, but at least something. And I'm considering the protein shakes because it so happens I'm also trying to gain weight. :P

i'm just starting to hit up the gym but my doc said to stay off the protein shakes until your treatment is done

good luck with your accutane and lifting results man :D

If you're warned against having protein shakes, then you basically can't eat any meat which is BS. Protein shakes are fine. They won't make your testicles fall off while on Tane.

If you're warned against having protein shakes, then you basically can't eat any meat which is BS. Protein shakes are fine. They won't make your testicles fall off while on Tane.

So....are you saying that working out has an impact on liver enzymes?

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I've never heard anything like that.

There are a lot of Odwalla protein drinks that don't have vitamin A in them, as well (or a negligible amount).

too much protein could strain your liver?

quick google search:

This occurs when the amount of dietary protein is greater than the liver's ability to use the protein. This causes a build up of toxins that can interfere with brain function. Protein is restricted in patients with clinical evidence of encephalopathy. However, controversy exists regarding the type of protein a diet should contain. Vegetable and dairy protein may be tolerated better than meat protein. Medications, such as lactulose and neomycin, may be used to help control hepatitis-related encephalopathy. Due to the body's need for proteins, protein restriction should only be undertaken with a doctor's advice.

It depends on the type of protein you have. I don't know the specifics because I always got the cheapest one but if you do some research, you can find some that are good.

watch out, protein shakes can make u break out, i started taking them a while ago and broke out bad, It may however be unrelated. I stopped taking protein shakes cuz they make my stomache hurt so it screws up my workout

Protein shakes are made from "NORMAL" milk, It's nothing magical. Just buy a protein that dont contain vitamin A, or bring a banana and a shake with milk in it to the gym instead.

Krazyfk: Quote from one of my earlier posts.

"Sweat does not cause breakouts, but if you wear the same clothes that you work out with everytime you hit the gym, then you will most certinly get breakouts. Sweat = salt and water. Do you get breakouts when you swim in the ocean? :S

Why weightlifting cause you to breakout is the high insulin levels. High insulin levels result in breakouts, and when you weightlift these levels get skyhigh. Proteinshakes (vassle) or eea essential amino acids in free form produce a lot more insulin then fastcarbs like dextrose:

Taken from American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 85, No. 4, 996-1004, April 2007. Metabolic effects of amino acid mixtures and whey protein in healthy subjects: studies using glucose-equivalent drinks.

"Quote:

Milk protein, in particular the whey fraction, has been shown to display insulinotrophic properties in healthy persons and persons with type 2 diabetes. In parallel to the hyperinsulinemia, a pronounced postprandial rise of certain amino acids and of glucose-dependent insulinotrophic polypeptide (GIP) was observed in plasma.

The objective of the study was to determine to what extent the insulinotrophic properties of whey could be simulated by specific amino acid mixtures.

Twelve healthy volunteers were served drinks consisting of pure glucose (reference drink) or glucose supplemented with free amino acids or whey proteins (test drinks).

A test drink with the branched-chain amino acids isoleucine, leucine, and valine resulted in significantly higher insulin responses than did the glucose reference. A drink containing glucose and leucine, isoleucine, valine, lysine, and threonine mimicked the glycemic and insulinemic responses seen after whey ingestion. With consumption of this drink, the glucose area under the curve (AUC) was 44% smaller (P < 0.05) and the insulin AUC was 31% larger (NS) than with consumption of the reference drink. With consumption of the whey drink, the AUCs were 56% smaller (glucose; P < 0.05) and 60% larger (insulin; P < 0.05), respectively, than with the reference drink. The whey drink was accompanied by an 80% greater GIP response (P < 0.05), whereas the drinks containing free amino acids did not significantly affect GIP secretion.

A mixture of leucine, isoleucine, valine, lysine, and threonine resulted in glycemic and insulinemic responses closely mimicking those seen after whey ingestion in the absence of an additional effect of GIP and glucagon-like peptide 1."

That acne have nothing to do with diet is complete BS. Fast carbs most certinly have a big influence.

A full study of acnes role in diet:

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles/Final...ticle.pdf"