Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaoritchan

Burning and Oozing cysts

Hi.

I'm new here, but i've been hanging around acne.org for over a year.

Recently I started developing inflamed cysts and now I am on doxycycline and retin-a.

It's been 1 week and I haven't really noticed any difference. I read that retin-a is supposed to sting a lot and that doxycyline is supposed to make you feel a bit sick. Well...I use both of these and I don't even feel a hint of burning nor do I feel sick. Is this normal?

And today, I was taking a bath, I washed my face and the cysts started oozing a lot. It's crazy. It's like having my own kitchen faucet on my face. And boy do these oozes burnnnnnnnnnn! I can't even wash it because the water just triples the burn! Is this normal? Please say that it is so. And I suppose I can't use retin-a when the cysts just popped?

I hope that after sleeping they will have stopped oozing and burning! :(((((

I don't know about the oozing and burning, but... I've had experience with both doxycycline and Retin A.

Doxycycline - it didn't make me sick either. I could take it any time of the day, and not eat before taking it, etc. I noticed a very very very VERY little result from doxy after about 2 weeks. But then it stopped and made my acne the same. lol. so... give it 2 weeks. If it looks like it's not doing anything, then just toss it.

Retin A - That stuff is powerful. Retin A is suppose to make your skin break out, flake, itchy, red, ....for about the first 3 weeks. Sometimes it's just for a week. You start to see your skin get better after about 2 months. And after 3 months, you're usually clear. =). You can check out their website. something like... retinamicro.com?? I can't remember. But they tell you what you should expect in the next few weeks.

For the oozing and stuff, DO NOT, but retin a on it. Just put neosporin on it to help it heal. And maybe do a mask to clean out the pores and all the ooze...... =)

good luck!

oh, and if it looks like it's getting serious, or SOMETHING seems so messed up, call your dermatologist/doctor and ask them what's up with your skin.

<3

Hi.

Recently I started developing inflamed cysts and now I am on doxycycline and retin-a.

It's been 1 week and I haven't really noticed any difference. I read that retin-a is supposed to sting a lot and that doxycyline is supposed to make you feel a bit sick. Well...I use both of these and I don't even feel a hint of burning nor do I feel sick. Is this normal?

And today, I was taking a bath, I washed my face and the cysts started oozing a lot. It's crazy. It's like having my own kitchen faucet on my face. And boy do these oozes burnnnnnnnnnn! I can't even wash it because the water just triples the burn! Is this normal? Please say that it is so. And I suppose I can't use retin-a when the cysts just popped?

Ask your derm for a topical antibiotic (clindamycin) instead of retin-a. It will kill those inflamed cysts in no time.

Thanks for the replies.

It seems the cysts are healing now and they are not burning anymore.

I have tried clindamycin for my mild acne in the past and it didn't seem to do anything so i don't know.

I just hope all that oozing and burning was a step forward in healing the acne.

Hi.

Ask your derm for a topical antibiotic (clindamycin) instead of retin-a. It will kill those inflamed cysts in no time.

antibiotics have a tendency to stop working after awhile because bacteria becomes resistant to it.

i was using topical eryrthromycin that worked for a long time, then stopped working completely.