Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lostit00

are these rolling scars? they look like my skin got punctured!

those 2 scars especially the one on the right side looks very distracting as under certain light they can look very deep, the one on the left i can live with. wat options are available to me?

the pair of scars are interesting cos they do show some kind of symmetry, i also wonder if anyone has a good explanation for that.

oh and i wish i could stop the outbreak on my chin :(

post-60417-1190532356_thumb.jpg

First things first: get rid of the active acne. It's 2007, no reason to have acne anymore. If nothing else, get on Accutane. Find a doctor that will prescribe it,

Now, those are definately rolling scars. I had the same type.

My advice: Have subcision done to cut the scar bands that are holding down the skin, then have them injected with something (Perlane, Restylane, collagen, silicone, etc.).

good luck.

WHAT? OMG..

If it were that easy to get rid of acne in the first place many of the people here would not be here AT ALL!!!

WHAT? OMG..

If it were that easy to get rid of acne in the first place many of the people here would not be here AT ALL!!!

Very true, but I dealt with acne from age 16 to 26. Nothing worked until Accutane. To me, Accutane is very close to a cure. If you've tried it with no luck, then you're one of the unlucky souls, too bad. But if you're still struggling with zits and haven't tried Accutane, it will probably work for you.

First things first: get rid of the active acne. It's 2007, no reason to have acne anymore. If nothing else, get on Accutane. Find a doctor that will prescribe it,

Now, those are definately rolling scars. I had the same type.

My advice: Have subcision done to cut the scar bands that are holding down the skin, then have them injected with something (Perlane, Restylane, collagen, silicone, etc.).

good luck.

You're right, it is 2007. There are technologies out there that work to both help acne as well as scarring. Personally, Fraxel has cleared my acne and helped my scars a lot. I don't want to sound like I'm pushing Fraxel, though, because some people have been unhappy with their results.

Fraxel is currently the hot thing on this board. Whether it's justified or not is up to you to decide for yourself. I can only point you in the direction I would go. Each person's case is different...

arent you just a sweetheart

I don't mean to be flippant about the suffering acne causes. Maybe it's because it's been years since I dealt with breakouts (a new, big, painful zit greeting me every morning.) I've just forgotten what it feels like to stay in the house 24/7 and have NO social life. But thinking back, it was pure hell for me, and the last thing I want to do is riddicule or make light of other's acne. That's just bad karma.

What I'm trying to say is that there is usually SOMETHING that will get rid of acne and lessen scars, even though you may search for years and spend thousands in the process. Trust me, I know this all too well. My point is is that you must keep looking for the treatment(s) that work for you, and you're most definately going to encounter quack doctors and "treatments" that don't work. BUT YOU WILL FIND IT if you keep looking.