Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished watching Brokeback Mountain and I have to say, it had me crying by the end. It took me two years to watch it, but I'm so very glad I did. I always wanted to, but thanks to my parents intolerance, I had to wait until college. Anyways, that film touched my heart, in so many ways.

I was expecting it to be overrated, somewhat touching, and overall entirely too long, but what I witnessed was nothing short of beautiful. Raw, untouched beauty.

And what does this have to do with acne? It reminded me that the world is far bigger than a pimple, that there is love out there, that it touches us all. My heart feels so full of emotion right now it burns my soul...and I smile knowing that acne isn't such a big deal. I know that it's not that easy for a lot of you, who suffer far worse than I, and I understand that. I just hope to give you a glimmer of light, to share what I'm feeling. I have never felt so...cleansed...in my life. I don't know how this film has affected me so much, but it has. For the better, I'm sure of it.

I know that a lot of people here suffer from various social and anxiety ridden problems, and my words probably mean little, but I just had to type this.

It's hard for me to put into words what I'm feeling, but if you haven't seen the movie, I urge you to. And please, see it with an open mind. No preconceptions, no hatred. Just love.

Honestly, I didn't like it. I don't know if I would call what they had "love" since they pretty much got together to have sex. AND they cheated on their wives the entire time, which tore up their families. There were arguments by some that that movie was actually more of an anti-gay movie than anything......

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you missed the entire point of my post.

The movie touched me, and it will undoubtedly, not do so in everyone. I understand. To me, the movie was about love. The physical act was the catalyst that awakened the true sexuality of ennis, and he could never accept it. Society could never accept it...and eventually Jack did. But anyways, I would rather not get into a synopsis of the film, I was just saying how much it touched my soul personally. It made me think about how silly I am over something so superficial, how much more there is in my life, in the world.

Brokeback Mountain was one of the movies that I REALLY wanted to watch, and couldnt wait for it to come out.

And you know what? It was worth it, the movie almost had me crying, actually well at the very end it might have made me cry with the whole shirt thing.

And its such a controversial movie, with what it portrays.

It wasnt what I thought it would be, it was more than I could have ever imagined. It was sad, but it a deep message, and it left you touched, well it left me touched.

I saw it in theatres... twice. And although the second time wasnt as moving (Considering I fell asleep during the more monotonous parts), it was still good.

I personally recommend the movie, since if you see it as a message and not a secret gay couple with their problems, it can really have an affect.

I really can't bring myself to watch a gay cowboy drama because sodomy is meant to be funny and not dramatic.

I really can't bring myself to watch a gay cowboy drama because sodomy is meant to be funny and not dramatic.

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't comment, but this post... :lol: :lol: :lol: