Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
avironeur

What has cleared my bacne....

Just figured I would chime in and let others know what has helped my bacne and when I say helped, I mean totally eliminated it.

I am providing two product lists....one for Canadians and one for Americans since I move regularly between both countries and am aware that product availability is somewhat different in the two areas.

US Products --

Body wash: I use either Whole Foods Brand (365 Brand) fragrance-free soap OR fragrance-free bodywash......Dove sensitive also works but not as well as it contains moisturizers which may cause problems for some people -- Clearly Natural (see drugstore.com) also makes a fragrance-free glycerin bar soap and Tom's of Maine fragrance-free body wash also has proven to be stellar for bacne elimination in my experience

Body lotion: Use something like Lac Hydrin 5 or even better, Am Lactin 12% (lactic acid) moisture lotion

Canadian Products:

Bodywash or soap: Guelph Soap Company makes a nice fragrance-free glycerin bar that I found available at Jean Coutu in Quebec and London Drugs in other provinces. Dove Sensitive is not as effective but also is helpful as is using Spectro Jel (the grey-ish bottle...extra sensitive)

Body Lotion: Lac Hydrin 12% is available pretty much everywhere in Canada and is bar none the best body lotion for bacne elimination in my experience. It is stronger for some reason than Am Lactin and may require either mixing with aloe vera gel (Fruit of the Earth or Lily of the Desert are great for this.....Fruit of the Earth is available at Walmart or Zellers...Lily of the Desert at most organic markets or Vitamin Shoppe or GNC)

What DOES NOT work for me:

Neutrogena Salicylic Acid Body Wash -- gross

Ivory soap

Head and Shoulders

thanks man i'll have to check those out. i recently visited the derm and he perscribed me loprox anitfunal shampoo and oral anitfungal that i only took for 3days. its been almost 2 weeks and I'm not really seeing anything great. How long did it take to clear you up and how severe was your case?

thanks man i'll have to check those out. i recently visited the derm and he perscribed me loprox anitfunal shampoo and oral anitfungal that i only took for 3days. its been almost 2 weeks and I'm not really seeing anything great. How long did it take to clear you up and how severe was your case?

I had several large cysts and tonnes of smaller whiteheads that never seemed to come to a head. Any bodywash or soap with a fragrance seemed to make my back turn red and aggravate the existing acne -- that's why I think a key element is fragrance-free or non-irritating body wash or soap.

The lactic acid in Lac Hydrin and Am Lactin exfoliates and clears away the dead skin which was enough to control my bacne. If that doesn't work, I would add some BP to the mix -- basically the DK regimen (gentle cleanser, BP, light moisturizer) for your back....I would see if you can get by with the first recommendations since BP would be a pain as it would bleach clothes and sheets and whatnot. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

The above supplies are all also fairly cheap which is a major plus. Sure you may not have that Axe fragrance after your shower (uhh...most ladies will appreciate that) but that is what cologne is for

Hi there,

Just wanted to add to this. I've been using the Am Lactin 12% for 3 days now on my chest and back. I have NO new acne, and the skin is really smooth and soft, and the scabs are diminishing and scars much lighter already. I use baby powder in the morning, shower with Dove bar soap in the evening and then apply this after. So far REALLY good!!!