Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenskies

bare minerals vs. everyday minerals

hey everyone,

i've been using bare minerals for about a year now. it doesn't break me out at all, and i'm pretty satisfied with the coverage and endurance. i was just wondering why everyone here seems to love everday minerals and hate bare minerals? i know a lot of people say b.m. breaks them out, but are there any reasons other than that? i'm interested in trying everyday minerals, but i don't want to order it if the only benefit is that it doesn't cause breakouts. if the coverage and endurance are better, though, i'd definitely give it a try.

thanks a lot!

4 main reasons:

1. BM has Bismuth Oxychoride, the culprit for causing breakouts & serious itching.

2. BM is much more expensive than many other quality mineral makeup brands you can get online.....makeup that doesn't contain Bismuth Oxychoride.

3. Some people feel BM made their face look very shiny and shimmery (again, Bismuth Oxychoride).

4. limited color selection

I've never used BM, so I don't know about its coverage, but EM gives excellent coverage & the wear & finish are great. It looks super natural & held up beautifully for me in 100 degree heat for 12 hours (I went to a music festival). They also have a very good variety of colors. If you're interested, you can get free samples (just cost of shipping) and I recommend the intensive formula for coverage.

Everything listed in Siouxsie's post, plus they have more selections overall and far better coverage in my opinion. I used BM for about a year and a half before switching to EM.

EM is just....BETTER.