Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanasa

How to treat acne with sensitive skin?

I think I have finally realized that I have super sensitive skin. I am sitting here slathered in BP and I don't feel good at all :( Is there any way I can stop all acne medications and still clear up? I want to use the least amount of products possible and also GENTLE products.

Until I start going to my acne clinic in 3 weeks of course...

If you have sensitive skin, BP probably isn't the way to go. I remember the first time I ever used it (and it was in a topical lotion, not a direct concentration), it made the skin on my upper lip so dry I actually stayed home from school because it looked thick and rough and nasty.

I've heard really fabulous things about the products from Paula's Choice (www.cosmeticscop.com)...she makes non-irritating products for many different types of skin and has articles on her site to inform you about what's what.

I would definitely try looking there.

Good luck!

Rhonda Allison has wonderful cleansers for sensitive skin. Was the only stuff that has ever helped clear me up, though it stopped working for me a few weeks ago (Was using it for 6 months). I would try another cleanser of hers, but they're so darn expensive. She's got a lot to choose from, though.

Try mixing moisturizing your whole face first then mixing a little BP with a little moisturizer and only apply it to areas where you usually get acne. And be gentle with your skin.

I have super sensitive skin, and I wash with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and moisturize with Bio-Oil. I've been doing this regimen for about a week and so far, I haven't had any pimples.