Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly_08

I'm in love with a ghost

Not an actual ghost, but he might as well be. What do you do when you are in love with a memory? Someone who you knew in the past, but is no longer in your life. They are out there somewhere, but you don't know where they are, who they know, what they know? You've heard nothing about them in a long time. You don't know where to start to search for them? I am seriously missing someone.

:cry:

im still very much in love with someone, but it would kill me if i contacted them or tried to find out what they're doing, somethings are best just left alone.

I know how you feel, I still love someone so bad it hurts, but I can't face them, not after all this time. I know I've changed, and I'm sure they have as well.

Hopefully in time it'll get better, the pain will lessen.

I know how you feel, I still love someone so bad it hurts, but I can't face them, not after all this time. I know I've changed, and I'm sure they have as well.

Hopefully in time it'll get better, the pain will lessen.

I've tried those people searching portals, but he's not listed. I definitely know he doesn't have a myspace or any such profile because he once told me he doesn't like those public profiles--he also told me he's not the emailing type. You either call him or you talk to him in person, thats the kind of person he was. I had his old number, but before we parted and he graduated, he had changed it. I never got his new number because at that time I was angry for something petty he had done to me which I now realize is STUPID! Therefore, I gave him the cold shoulder for the rest of the final semester and never spoke again. Like Calibos says, I think it would kill me if I ever tried again, but the pain of not doing it is also killing me now. All I can do is narrow him down by city. We went to school in NYC, but the city is HUGE! It wasn't so long ago, however. Just 9 months since he graduated. Blythe, if you're still willing, I will give you his name.

I never knew his friends or his family because we only met through a couple of classes we had together. As far as the people he knew in school, I knew them as well and they weren't official pals--therefore, once he graduated they lost contact with him too. Blythe is helping me track him down---I feel like such a stalker. Now the question is: If Blythe and I manage to get an official name, will I have the guts to call him? After the way I treated him?

Oh Gosh!....

Ive suffered with cystic acne from 17-26.. im cleared up but I have scars and red marks. When I was in college, I had a math class. There was this one girl I saw, she had severe acne. I use to stare at her while waiting for the math class to open.

I felt her looking at me also.

This was 7 years ago by the way. She was very pretty. I didnt talk to her, only looked at her eyes twice, I was a very shy person back then.

After 3 days she left the math class. I do think about her alot. I went back to that college couple of times trying to find her, but could not.

I would like to talk to her just once now that my acne has cleared up. Someday I guess. Someday.

Holding someone you knew and loved a long time ago on a pedestall only leads to dissapointment. It's not fair on that person to have to live up to such high expectations, not to mention how you are feeling. :unsure:

ive been looking for a childhood friend of mine for years now, i only know her as chloe, but when i think about it, even if i did find her i wouldnt have the guts to talk to her, not in the condition im in now

Many of you stated go for it, good luck, some of you tell me to let it go--in many ways, it does seem obsessive and usually those type of feelings never work out anyways, except that my friends parents worked out in a similar way. She left Spain for the U.S. after high school, he stayed behind. He searched for her through friends and letters. After they connected, they were married---I'm definitely not shooting so far, but mabey the reason I am still trying to search for him isn't love at all, could it be guilt about what happened between us? A dire need to apologize?

I have something to say on this because I recently said that "i'm in love with a ghost."

You are better off really because my ghost came back. This girl liked me way back when we were kids, but I never knew until I ran into her last year. I was totally smitten but rarely got to see or speak to her... now she turns up at my college, and seems exactly the same, but she seems to have an odd hate towards me that just spurned me so horrifically that I am feeling pretty upset and angry and would rather love a ghost that I believe to love me than someone who is alive but doesnt.

Now the question is: If Blythe and I manage to get an official name, will I have the guts to call him? After the way I treated him?

Oh Gosh!....

It's tough to muster up the courage. I feel the same way about an ex-gf and I can easily contact her via phone but I probably never will. Every week I think about calling her and apologizing to her for the way I treated her.... This has been going on for more than a year now. I was so bloody close to writing her an email (writing is so much easier than talking as you have all the time in the world) the other night but I chickened out as per usual. I'm deathly afraid what her response would be and rather than risk that, I let her be. Sigh.... I'm a coward but I do wish you better luck if you do obtain his name and number.

Hmmm... I just did this, finally emailed the ex... very bad result... but thats not to say you shouldn't. When I say bad, I suppose I was hoping for a miracle, but all I got was friendship.

Friendship's good though, that can't be that bad. Plus you did it...that's always good in my opinion. Facing down a fear, I always feel like a bad a#*, the result isn't necessarily the important part.

I think that trying to rekindle a past relationship is probably not a good idea. I can relate here. I am fairly recently divorced. I was with my ex for 9 years. I still love him and I know I always will, but I can't go there. I think when a relationship ends, most of the time it ended for a good reason. My ex and I are really good friends now, but that's it. I also think that another poster was dead on when they said that you tend to focus on the good things when looking back. Also, as someone else said, people do change over time. The person you are remembering is not the person you are going to get. I don't think that it's impossible that you could successfully rekindle the relationship, but I think it's unlikely and could lead to a lot of heartache. Best of luck to you!