Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

ORGANIC CEREAL?

Is this straight to eat for breakfast.. Its high fiber whole grain cereal.. and has alot of good nutrients.. but of course it has sugar,salt,and malt extract.. could these cause a flare up or no?

Sugar and gluten cause flare-ups for many people. I myself try to avoid all grains; today I managed to contain myself to a single cracker ::grin::.

it should be fine, i think you are being a little paranoid. i wouldn't think it would cause any problems at all with your skin.

You're probably just going to have to experiment and see; everyone's different. You may react adversely to it or you may not. Try having a bowl and then see if you notice an increase in gas, bloating, nausea, etc. (if you already have a high fiber diet, these signs will tell you you aren't digesting it well, if not it you may just be adjusting to the higher fiber intake, try starting with a small amount like 1/4 cup and gradually ramping it up).

Most organic foods are supposed to be good for you, and be beneficial for your body as a whole. Wheat germ is supposed to be good for you. But I would steer clear of anything approved by the USDA, or if it is approved by the USDA make sure it is approved by someone other than just the USDA. The USDA is extremely screwy, and doesn't give a hoot about anyone or anything besides making money.