Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetaylor

The BEST face wash to use

Hey people

I tried Dans gentle cleanser and I didnt like it at all. It smelt strange and made me breakout with acne. I think the best one to use is purpose gentle cleansing wash.

It says its for normal/dry skin but even though my skin is really oily this face wash will still clear my skin an the oil off it really well. I think that because its gentle and oil free it still works great for those with oily faces like me.

Its also hypoallergenic, soap and oil free and doesnt clog pores. It also says its gentle enough for sensitive skin which is good as i tend to easily breakout.

I would like to hear what other people have to say about this face wash, and if you thinks theres another better one out there. Now all i need to do is to find the perfect moisturiser that doesnt make my face look so shiny and oily!!

Hey people

I tried Dans gentle cleanser and I didnt like it at all. It smelt strange and made me breakout with acne. I think the best one to use is purpose gentle cleansing wash.

It says its for normal/dry skin but even though my skin is really oily this face wash will still clear my skin an the oil off it really well. I think that because its gentle and oil free it still works great for those with oily faces like me.

Its also hypoallergenic, soap and oil free and doesnt clog pores. It also says its gentle enough for sensitive skin which is good as i tend to easily breakout.

I would like to hear what other people have to say about this face wash, and if you thinks theres another better one out there. Now all i need to do is to find the perfect moisturiser that doesnt make my face look so shiny and oily!!

I switch off between two cleansers:

Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash

It's ph-balanced, fragrance free, color free, doesn't clog up and washes nicely.

I also use Jason's Tea Tree Satin soap

Has Tea Tree oil which I like, and has no sodium laurel or laureth

My favorite is Dan's face wash, though I will admit it took some getting used to because of the smell from the sage extract (not bad, just surprising since most washes smell more floral whereas this one has more of an unplaceable sanitary smell to it). Just a tiny bit of Dan's cleanser and water will lather up easily in your hands, so you can get a lot of cleansing out of a little pump and it doesn't overdry my skin. My next favorite cleanser would have to be the Target knockoff of Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal-to-Oily Skin. The original version of that cleanser is pretty nice, but the Target one is cheaper, thinner, and less scented, so I like it even better than the original. I haven't tried Purpose, and while I've read mostly positive reviews, the price is a little off-putting for such a small bottle. Brandy has mentioned before that the Johnson & Johnson Head-to-Toe Baby Wash is similar to the Purpose Gentle Cleanser but a lot cheaper, for anyone who wants to explore more cost-effective options.

I've been using Purpose for 2 months or so and am very happy with the results. It does not dry my face out at all. I switched from Neutro Acne Wash, which I found to be drying.