Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Has anyone used it before for acne and red marks? If so, how well does it work? My derm just put me on it. It's a bit itchy :shifty:.

I've been using it for a few weeks. No problems so far. I do get some mild itching for the first 5 min or so after I apply it, but then it goes away. I am using it to give a boost to the OTC products I have been using for the last year (which keep me mostly clear, but my skin started to adapt to them and they weren't working as well as before). I can't use retinoids because the give me flare-ups, so my derm suggested Finacea. I haven't had any initial breakout or anything like that so far.

Good luck with it! Keep us posted here on how it works for you. Are you usng any other products?

Here is a good thread on Finacea:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Itand39s-...ea-t152646.html

Has anyone used it before for acne and red marks? If so, how well does it work? My derm just put me on it. It's a bit itchy :shifty:.

I've been using it for a few weeks. No problems so far. I do get some mild itching for the first 5 min or so after I apply it, but then it goes away. I am using it to give a boost to the OTC products I have been using for the last year (which keep me mostly clear, but my skin started to adapt to them and they weren't working as well as before). I can't use retinoids because the give me flare-ups, so my derm suggested Finacea. I haven't had any initial breakout or anything like that so far.

Good luck with it! Keep us posted here on how it works for you. Are you usng any other products?

Thanks!

I'm starting to break out, but I assume that this is supposed to happen? I'm also taking Erythromycin, and though I eat it with food I still get horrible stomach aches.

I used it. It calmed down an explosive breakout that I had around my hair

line, but then it sorta faded and I switched products.

But no red marks from that breakout, wich was miraculous, it's great for red

marks. But yeah it's itchy.

Thanks!

I'm starting to break out, but I assume that this is supposed to happen? I'm also taking Erythromycin, and though I eat it with food I still get horrible stomach aches.

How long have you been using it? I guess it could give you a bit of an initial breakout, but this doesn't seem as common with Finacea as with retinoids. I have been getting little microzits here and there, but no inflamed pimples since I have been on it. I asked my derm if it would give me an initial acne flare, and he said that it shouldn't. Depending on how long you have been using it, it just might not have had time to have full effects. From what I have read, it takes about a month to start seeing effects, and full effects may take as long as 6 months.

Erythromycin gave me horrible stomach cramps when I took it as a kid. I had such a bad reaction to it that my doctor never prescribed it again for me.

it's only itchy for a few weeks. i used it before and after accutane. i still use it to prevent any new breakouts. it actually used to burn at first when i put it on, but now i don't feel it at all. it is really good for red marks.

Thanks!

How long have you been using it? I guess it could give you a bit of an initial breakout, but this doesn't seem as common with Finacea as with retinoids. I have been getting little microzits here and there, but no inflamed pimples since I have been on it. I asked my derm if it would give me an initial acne flare, and he said that it shouldn't. Depending on how long you have been using it, it just might not have had time to have full effects. From what I have read, it takes about a month to start seeing effects, and full effects may take as long as 6 months.

Erythromycin gave me horrible stomach cramps when I took it as a kid. I had such a bad reaction to it that my doctor never prescribed it again for me.

I've only taken it for about three days. I really, really hope it works....I took retin-a and I hated it. I don't want to get those initial breakouts again. :(

Yeah, I woke up this morning at around 2:00 with horrible stomach cramps. Think I should tell my derm about that?

it's only itchy for a few weeks. i used it before and after accutane. i still use it to prevent any new breakouts. it actually used to burn at first when i put it on, but now i don't feel it at all. it is really good for red marks.

This is great news :dance: How did accutane work for you?

I've only taken it for about three days. I really, really hope it works....I took retin-a and I hated it. I don't want to get those initial breakouts again. :(

Yeah, I woke up this morning at around 2:00 with horrible stomach cramps. Think I should tell my derm about that?

I know what you mean about those initial breakouts. I got a bad one on Differin. I never want to go through that again! If you have only been on it a few days, the breakouts you are getting probably arent' due to the product (as it takes several weeks for a pimple to develop). You probably would have gotten these spots regardless of whether you started the new medication or not.

If the stomach problems are really bad, you might mention it to your doctor. There are other antibiotic options if you can't handle the erythromycin.

I know what you mean about those initial breakouts. I got a bad one on Differin. I never want to go through that again! If you have only been on it a few days, the breakouts you are getting probably arent' due to the product (as it takes several weeks for a pimple to develop). You probably would have gotten these spots regardless of whether you started the new medication or not.

If the stomach problems are really bad, you might mention it to your doctor. There are other antibiotic options if you can't handle the erythromycin.

I think that even if it breaks me out I'm going to try to stick with it. Because I have to do something about my face :wall: And maybe, with this product, it'll get better with time.

Thanks for the help!

This is great news How did accutane work for you?

it worked perfectly.

Really? Would you mind if I asked what sort of acne you had? Mine is pretty mild, but my zits are usually big and they hurt. I've thought about accutane, but part of me is afraid to...

I used it. It calmed down an explosive breakout that I had around my hair

line, but then it sorta faded and I switched products.

But no red marks from that breakout, wich was miraculous, it's great for red

marks. But yeah it's itchy.

Oh, sorry! I missed your post.

It started to fade? How long had you used it before this happened?

A liitle over a month. Things started clogging up, and all Finacea was doing was reducing

redness, but I still kept breaking out. Switched to Evoclin :D

A liitle over a month. Things started clogging up, and all Finacea was doing was reducing

Ohh, what's that? :surprised:

Evoclin is like a foam, it feels SO clean and and leaves NO residue or

anything, I love it.

Unfortunately, it's absurdly expensive. I get it WAY cheap cause our insurance

is awesome, but most people pay through the nose.

Its a topical antibiotic, so it works differently from Finacea.

Really? Would you mind if I asked what sort of acne you had? Mine is pretty mild, but my zits are usually big and they hurt. I've thought about accutane, but part of me is afraid to...

it was kind of bad, and cystic. it wasn't severe though.

Its a topical antibiotic, so it works differently from Finacea.

Is it something you get from your derm, or...?

it was kind of bad, and cystic. it wasn't severe though.

Ah, okay. Would you recommend it to someone with mild acne problems? I've gotten different answers from different people, and I'm not sure who to believe.

Yes, Evoclin is a prescription topical. So, you'd have to get it from a derm. The finacea also has antibacterial effects, so you may not need anything else. Maybe just see how your skin does on the finacea first? If in a few months you aren't getting the results you want, then maybe consider a topical antibiotic.

Yes, Evoclin is a prescription topical. So, you'd have to get it from a derm. The finacea also has antibacterial effects, so you may not need anything else. Maybe just see how your skin does on the finacea first? If in a few months you aren't getting the results you want, then maybe consider a topical antibiotic.

Thanks, I'll do that :D.

I guess I'm just so used to things not working that I'm already looking for something new...I've really got to stop that.