Notifications
Clear all

Ziana is Working when NOTHING else did

MemberMember
(@smuckers)

Posted : 09/22/2007 2:31 pm

Hey guys. I haven't even been on acne.org in awhile b/c I look like a normal person now, which is really amazing. It's been years of seeeerious cystic acne. I've done a lot of stuff ( you can check out my signature). Nothing ever worked, and topicals DEFINITELY don't work for me. Even the ones that do work, only last maybe 2 weeks and then my acne is back full-swing. So when my derm gave me Ziana as a last-ditch effort before accutane, I didn't think there was any chance it would work. But it has, and it's amazing. I started in late July. My skin is basically totally clear. I got one new pimple yesterday and I was all bummed, but then I thought, geez, I get to be upset that I have ONE SINGLE SOLITARY pimple on my whole face, when it used to be so AWFUL. My entire regime now, is to wash twice a day with Swiss Ives blemish controlling APricot Scrub. I use Clean and Clean 2% SA toner in the morning and Apple Cider Vinegar toner at night. In the morning I put Dan's 2.5 BP on and then Cetaphil sensitive skin mouisturizer. At night, I put on the Ziana and Cetaphil. It's amazing. And I really didn't think it would work for me, and I am aware that ppl come on here and say "THIS is what works, so do THIS," but I think everyone's skin is different. But if you haven't tried Ziana, you may want to give it a chance, b/c topicals never do anything for me and this actually did. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@true-blood)

Posted : 09/23/2007 4:31 pm

I've been using Ziana for almost 3 weeks and I have seen improvement in my skin.

I'm glad it's working so well for you!

How long did it take to really clear your skin?

MemberMember
(@fyd)

Posted : 10/04/2007 9:04 pm

good to hear. Ive been on it since mid-may and i only have 2 pimples on my face. My face was absolutely terrible and now i cant believe. i didnt start seeing results until about late august.If you use this, be patient and wait. it takes time so dont give up, you wont regret it.

MemberMember
(@smuckers)

Posted : 10/05/2007 4:20 am

A lot of people say Ziana can take up to 3 months to start seeing improvement. I don't know about that, because my IB was at about 2 weeks, by 4 weeks my skin was cleared up from the breakout, back to normal or maybe slightly better than normal. 6 weeks my skin already looked way better than usual. So it probably works faster for some than others.

MemberMember
(@diana1706)

Posted : 10/06/2007 7:23 am

what is ziana? I am soo new to all of this. My doc prescribed benzaclin and it works for me! Is it similar?

MemberMember
(@adam122234)

Posted : 10/07/2007 9:59 am

Ziana is a Clindamycin + Tretinoin .0025% or something along those lines.

You're FAR better off with Benzaclin. Just beat the drying effects and irritation with a GOOD moisturizer, and you're fine. Benzaclin is good stuff...same with Duac.

Basically Ziana is a retinoid with a topical antibiotic.

MemberMember
(@smuckers)

Posted : 10/07/2007 3:34 pm

Ziana is a Clindamycin + Tretinoin .0025% or something along those lines.

You're FAR better off with Benzaclin. Just beat the drying effects and irritation with a GOOD moisturizer, and you're fine. Benzaclin is good stuff...same with Duac.

Basically Ziana is a retinoid with a topical antibiotic.

Everybody's skin is different, though. If you look at the list of things I've already tried in my signature, Benzaclin was one of them, and it did not clear my skin. I only made this post so people would know that it is worth it to give stuff a shot even if it didn't work for other people. Because you can just never be sure what will work, I was positive no topical would ever have any effect on my skin, and yet Ziana did, and I almost didn't give it a shot.

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 10/29/2014 8:23 pm

HELP! I have been on Ziana 6 weeks and am still purging. When will it get better?