Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
linebacker56

cleansed areas have acne..

Since elementary school i've always washed my face, except my forehead. My forehead has always been completely clear all my life but i don't even wash it with soap in the shower! i've never put any lotion, cleaner ect. on it. But my cheeks and mouth area have mild acne. How do i get back to my natural state. Or is it too late? has my face adapted too much to the cleansers?

There's a chance you have sensitive skin that has just been over-irritated with all the cleansers.

What kind of cleanser do you use on a regular basis?

I'd say go off the cleanser for a few days, and just wash regularly with lukewarm water, and see how it goes.

I'm using a basic cleanser from clean&clear, i've also stopped using that cleanser in the morning, tryin to see how it is if i stop washing with soaps/cleansers. but i still wash at night.. but i'll see how it goes. Im just scared that without washing my skin will get worse

There's a chance you have sensitive skin that has just been over-irritated with all the cleansers.

What kind of cleanser do you use on a regular basis?

I'd say go off the cleanser for a few days, and just wash regularly with lukewarm water, and see how it goes.

Breaking out in certain places and not others is common, and i doubt it has anything to do with what products you've been using / where you've been washing, etc

Lots of people have acne ONLY on their forehead, others ONLY on their chin, others all over their face, but nowhere else on their body, others only on their body but not their face, etc

by the way, WHY haven't you been washing your forehead? were you purposely avoiding it? even people without acne should wash their face AT LEAST every other day, otherwise that's just gross

I definatly notice that where i wash i get acne also

You should slowly stop washing so often and maybe get it down to once a day

Lol. Your mistaking the cause-effect relationship.

It's not that you are getting acne where you wash, its just that you wash only where you get acne.

Try washing a clear area of your face, it's not going to magically breakout with acne...