Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User21768

TCA - how long to heal?

I applied some TCA to an area of my face about 5 days ago and its worked pretty well, though I can still see some of the red marks. I burnt it down a lot and since applying cream at night theres been a lot of white skin forming over some of the area and some of its fallen off but its quite red still. If I keep applying cream at night and keep the area dry how long will it be until the skin turns a more normal colour?

Thanks

lol, well I did it last tuesday so its been over 1 week, wow the area has improved a lot. TCA is much more effective than glycolic. The skin has stopped peeling but I can still see tiny bits of white skin on the area, I can still see the marks though they've faded a lot, these were pretty deep ones. I'm going to leave it for 1 or 2 weeks and see what it's like, thats how long I waited with glycolic and it improved a lot. If I didn't have to go out in public for 2 weeks i'd put it all over my face, thats the worst thing having to schedule it around things.

What strength did you use? Did you have any blistering? What type of 'cream' are you currently using?

TCA peels rock! fricking awesome stuff. My skin is usually completely peeled and healed in 10 days - that includes no lingering redness.

Just apply Vaseline or Aquaphor, not hydrocortisone cream. The hydrocortisone could make an infection more likely; not good at all. If you don't have Vaseline or Aquaphor (although those are the very best to use after a peel), you can use your regular moisturizer.

Your experience sounds about right for 15%. I'd use it a few more times before you go stronger. Be sure to use the vaseline and maintain moisture, particularly if your skin turns brown. If it turns brown and peels in thick sheets, you must apply Vaseline to keep from scarring. Vaseline is just safer all around, even with just mild peeling.

Thanks Wynne. I have some vaseline so i'll try using that.

Btw does your skin look pretty bad after you've done a peel? I don't have any time off from from uni apart from weekends and when ive done a peel i dont want anyone to see my face. I might start wearing a hijab

I'm using Vaseline as moisturizer. All i can say its awesome i don't have any dry feelings at all. Didn't know it worked well for redness as well.. i gotta admit they faded pretty quickly in combination with BP..

I'm using Vaseline as moisturizer. All i can say its awesome i don't have any dry feelings at all. Didn't know it worked well for redness as well.. i gotta admit they faded pretty quickly in combination with BP..

I used 2 layers of 15% on my back and chest. It's been 4 days and there hasn't really been any peeling. I'm wondering if maybe I should have used 25% since the skin is tougher on your back? If I don't peel, would it be ok to do it again in say a week or so?

I used 2 layers of 15% on my back and chest. It's been 4 days and there hasn't really been any peeling. I'm wondering if maybe I should have used 25% since the skin is tougher on your back? If I don't peel, would it be ok to do it again in say a week or so?

Well i did a TCA peel (25%) yesterday and i am happy with the results so far.

I had it on for a little over 3 minutes on my cheeks, forehead and the part of my chin with doesn't have loads of facial hair on it lol

I was going to leave it until i had a week of work but i thought, 'sod it might as well go for it, i look like crap anyway' lol. It frosted over for a short while and went a little red, but after washing with lots of cold water and then moisturising it went back to how it looked before. I was nervous because i had work last night, but when i got home i realised i looked better than i had for months!! The skin became tighter and very smooth. If it goes to plan this tight layer of skin should come off in the next few days and leave a much better layer behind, hopefully it wont come over the weekend as i work for most of it, but at least there isnt any sun around to mess me up (hasnt been all year :rolleyes:). I will return to update my progress....

quick question: how long would be recommended before i start using Aqua Glycolic again

well its been about 3 days now and its starting to peel, there was a little bit yesterday but now its properly starting to come off, unfortunately the skin which has come off has left the same kind of skin behind, the one with red marks on :(

Hopefully the results will get better soon :shifty:

It's been nearly 4 weeks for me and I think the area is still healing, all I can say is it gets worse before it gets better! Remember to put vaseline on the area, maybe that will stop it drying out and stop the skin falling off. That's what happened with me because I didn't use vaseline or anything. I've still some little ice pick scaring and stuff on one part which has healed so I might apply some glycolic acid on it some time in the week. Glycolic heals a lot faster.

Barmpot: One won't see a massive improvement with one peel. A series of superficial peels can produce decent improvement from what I read. Just continue to moisturize and treat your skin gently.

Elf Salad: Wait at least two weeks after your peel before resuming your Aqua Glycolic or any other acne treatment or any exfoliative treatment. Also keep yourself vaselined or moisturized while you're peeling, for usually at least 3-7 days depending on how your skin reacts. Continue a regular moisturizer thereafter AND sunscreen regardless of whether or not there is any visible sun anywhere at all. The rays can and will burn you even on a cloudy or heavily overcast day, even in winter.

Thanks for the tips! :)

My sun and moisturising regime is strict, no sunlight is hitting my face and i have a sunscreen moisturiser in use anyway :)

Its easy to tell that keeping the skin moist is helping

well its been 6 days now and quite a lot of it has peeled off, however i am struggling to see that much in terms of results, i think its a little better than before, but i am defiantly encouraged to do it again in a month. Hopefully the results will have improved by then :):pray:

well its been 6 days now and quite a lot of it has peeled off, however i am struggling to see that much in terms of results, i think its a little better than before, but i am defiantly encouraged to do it again in a month. Hopefully the results will have improved by then :):pray:

Glad to hear it! It's not massive results, but slowly they'll show. Take pictures for your own records; we lose track ourselves of improvements since they're so gradual.

They do improve the appearance of your skin, but are better for getting rid of freckles as opposed to red marks.

I just did my 5th peel a couple of weeks ago (30%) and my skin is looking better :) and is also reallllly smooth.

I find the peels clear your pores but only temporarily.

I think the area has just about finished healing, most of the marks have really faded, basically i'm just left with a few tiny icepick scars which I know I can get rid of if I use the TCA again, and a red mark that didn't fade because a new spot formed there whilst it was in the healing process. Overall i'd say 50%-60% improvement. So some time soon i'm going to apply it on the area again for a second time and hopefully that'll finish it off. definitely recommend this stuff, you just need some patience :P