Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grinberg

Need some tips on getting rid of red marks (pics)

Posted

Hi there,

Have had acne for a while (since I was 12, now 18).

Here's what I've tried thus far (since finding Acne.org)

- Cetaphil Bar Soap, Benzac, Cetaphil Moisturizer

This had some success, but I broke out with three or so zits near the end of the tube, this annoyed me enough to place an order for Dan's very own produce. Payed am absolute fortune to get it sent over to Australia. Bought heaps to make the postage worth the while.

- Dans Soap + cleanser, Dans BP, Dans Moisturizer

This has had a little more success. I am able to keep whiteheads to a minimum, I might get a handful over a week, and generally not as big as they used to be. But I have quite a lot of clogged pores + red marks and dots and lots of bumps and unevenness and just general not very nice skin.

Additional info:

I've tried the dropping your face in a tub of warm water daily.

I've tried applying ACV onto my face daily.

I've tried taking a tablespoon of ACV twice daily (did this for a few months, seemed to make matters worse)

I've tried taping, not sure if it was the taping or the ACV but one of them seemed to aggravate my skin.

I figure I'm having more probs with red marks and the remnants of my acne then actual acne at this point so I thought this section would be best.

OK here are the images :boohoo:

post-52059-1190471168_thumb.jpg

post-52059-1190471117_thumb.jpg

Apparently they're awaiting approval.

So here's a couple external links until they clear (no pun intended :shifty: )

http://i4.tinypic.com/4yjd2js.jpg

http://i3.tinypic.com/4yg9xev.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the awesome advice I just know is coming my way.. :whistle:

post-52059-1190471117_thumb.jpg

post-52059-1190471168_thumb.jpg

Posted

I dont see no marks pal. Skin looks great

Posted

That's what im thinking... lol

Posted

Thanks :) but I wish I had your unblemish seeing eyes, I see heaps of red spots, and depresses in the skin and lots of unsightly unevenness. Any methods to smooth out the skin and make it look better??.

Posted

hey man ur skin looks good, if u wanna see some real red marks i should upload my pics.

Posted

I really like using 100% Aloe Vera Gel. It calms my skin and helps fade red marks over time.

Posted

I am trying Bio-oil.

Posted

I'd try a moisturizer w/ AHA in it- it'll even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of red marks.

Posted

OMG that makes me so jealous.. you are so CRAZY!!! GRR

Posted

thanks guys. I'll check out the two products. I've started doing the dunking head in water for 60 seconds. Actually think thats helping quite a bit.

I suppose I'm glad that my skin is not worse, though you know how it is .. could always be better, much better!!! The grass is always greener.

Cheers for your help people

Posted
thanks guys. I'll check out the two products. I've started doing the dunking head in water for 60 seconds. Actually think thats helping quite a bit.

I suppose I'm glad that my skin is not worse, though you know how it is .. could always be better, much better!!! The grass is always greener.

Cheers for your help people

Posted

You look fine I think. The redness around your nose and maybe even the mouth could be seborrheic dermatitis. It looks pretty mild and you can use several shampoos to control IF your skin can tolerate them. Keep your skin as dry as possible otherwise

Posted

I think you look fine... :think: Though it's not my skin, so I'll try not to judge.

My derm just put me on finacea, and it supposedly fades red marks. If it works for me I'll be sure to let you know!