Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If I am correct, is the acne chat for discussion of acne, helping others in treating acne, and etc? I was just in it and there were quite some immature comments and people there that were just there for off-topic chat. I don't want it to be unfair for the people that really want help and advice to be in there and hear those kinds non-sense. Just and expression of my opinion.

The chat has always been an off-topic area most of the time. Sometimes we talk about acne, but on a friday night this late at night we rarely talk about acne.

The chat has always been an off-topic area most of the time. Sometimes we talk about acne, but on a friday night this late at night we rarely talk about acne.

It's only about 8:30 ish. :rolleyes:

For my first time in chat, I am quite unhappy of the results from it, it has a negative feel.

It's not just the off-topic, they are rude, annoying, immature, and disrespectful. plush, you weren't even there to know what happened so don't say anything that you don't know, i did ask if anyone wanted to talk/discuss anything about acne and etc.

psh, dont take it to heart, most of the ppl who were in that chat (im pretty sure i know who was there) are there like 24/7, its natural that they wont talk about acne all that time.

Besides, if you'd stayed a little longer you would've gotten to know a lot of people...

It's not just the off-topic, they are rude, annoying, immature, and disrespectful. plush, you weren't even there to know what happened so don't say anything that you don't know, i did ask if anyone wanted to talk/discuss anything about acne and etc.

psh, dont take it to heart, most of the ppl who were in that chat (im pretty sure i know who was there) are there like 24/7, its natural that they wont talk about acne all that time.

Besides, if you'd stayed a little longer you would've gotten to know a lot of people...

And Midnite, I don't know how many times we all told you we didn't need your help, so if you have a problem with chat, then stay out, simple as that.

He just kept asking over and over if anyone had any questions about acne, we all told him about 8 gazillion times that we didn't. We WERE in fact polite at first, but after a while, it got irritating. None of us were looking for help and he just kept prodding and prodding when no one had any questions to ask of him and then got pissed as we carried on our discussion(s) we were already having.

Would it be possible for there to be another chat? Like there's already the lounge and the Veterans chat, maybe there could be an "on topic acne," one too? I dunno. I guess some people just come here for acne while some of us come here to socialize too.

:shrug:

If I am correct, is the acne chat for discussion of acne, helping others in treating acne, and etc? I was just in it and there were quite some immature comments and people there that were just there for off-topic chat. I don't want it to be unfair for the people that really want help and advice to be in there and hear those kinds non-sense. Just and expression of my opinion.

omg i LOOOVE the chat!!!

its never really about acne wich is pretty awesum in my opinion

i know most of the ppl on there pretty well and they ROCK!

sometimes things get a little crazy

but most of the time ppll arent really rude.....

the chat is kewl.

I'm not going to complain about the fact that it's always off topic, because if you ever have a question about acne, you could always just bring it up and they'll change the topic.

However I'm never going on chat again because even if people aren't trying to be rude, every other word that they use is very inappropriate. I know that that's the way the world talks these days, but if you were talking to a twelve or thirteen year old kid, you wouldn't talk like that. I'm not twelve, but anyone else on this forum could be, so if you really have to talk that way, you should really do it in private. And believe it or not, some people even above that age still have ethics and find those words to be very offensive and not interested in talking to people who use them so freely. The way I think of it is- they don't disrespect you, so why disrespect them? :confused:

No offense, you're all great people ;)