Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballerholic03

DKR Washing Face W/ Bottled Water

Hey guys just like the title says- I just got the DKR system (Im switching from Murad) and I have used bottled water to wash my face for quite some time (all throughout using Proactive and Murad). Is using bottled water good or bad??? Any responses are appreciated!

Do you mean you are using bottled water as your cleanser? Or are you using bottled water to aid your cleanser in lathering and rinsing?

As a cleanser alone, I don't think water is effective in removing the oil, dead skin cells, makeup, etc.and residue from the last application of products. I really think a cleanser is necessary so that the skin is totally clean and ready for the acne medications.

I hope this answered your questions. :)

Oh, sorry for not being specific enough...I use bottled water w/ a cleanser. I use bottled water instead of regular water (tap water) because I think it is cleaner. I was just curious if anyone else uses bottled water and not reg. tap water, and if so, does it even matter?!?! haha. Thanks

Here's what I do to see if my water is clean lol.

I fill a clear glass up with water from my source, point a laser through the glass. If I see the laser in the water, that means particles are in there reflecting the laser beam.

I think using bottled water to wash your face is a waste of money and totally unnecessary. I'm not big on bottled water to begin with because of all the packaging involved and how darn expensive it is, but using it on your face seems really wasteful to me. I mean, you shouldn't be washing your face in a mud puddle obviously, but you don't need pristine water to clean your face. If your tap water has a lot of minerals in it, by all means, put a filter on your sink or use a filter pitcher since there's a possibility that really hard water might worsen your acne, but I think using bottled water at $1 a pop for your face is both overkill in terms of cleanliness, and it's just not environmentally friendly.

Here's what I do to see if my water is clean lol.

I fill a clear glass up with water from my source, point a laser through the glass. If I see the laser in the water, that means particles are in there reflecting the laser beam.

This made me :lol:

And I agree with CAKD. As long as you are using clean looking tap water, I don't think the expense of using bottled water is necessary or worth it. But if you're rich and just want to do it, go for it! :)

Just about any tap water will be fine...really. Using bottled water is a wasteful and expensive practice. Be ecologically and economically sensible and just use the tap water already.