Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User24582

Supplements I'm Using Now

Right now I'm using 3 main supplements that have vastly improved my digestion and help keep the breakouts away. They are:

1. Probiotics. I use the brand Flora Source because it is gluten and dairy free and recommended by my nutritionist.

2. Enzymes. I use Enzigest #2 which are enzymes designed for my metabolic type. Other enzymes will probably work just fine as long as they are gluten and dairy free.

3. HCL. I use HCL #2 which is hydrochloric acid (stomach acid) + pepsin designed for my metabolic type. Again for this one, you could pick up some HCL at your local health food store as long as it is gluten and dairy free and contains pepsin.

This is my regimen for taking these:

15 minutes prior to every meal (for 3-4 meals a day), I take 1 probiotic capsule with a glass of water.

After the first bite of the meal, I take 1 HCL capsule with a sip of water.

After the second bite of the meal, I take 2 enzyme capsules with a sip of water.

While I still have to avoid all dairy and grains most of the time to have clear skin and feel well, this regimen has allowed me to recover from the times that I cheat or eat out much quicker than usual.

And for those of you who like to cheat all the time, this regimen should definitely help you.

I spent a long time playing with probiotics and found that at the end of the meal was the "best" time to take them, as when your stomach is full, your acid is diluted and theres a higher chance of more probiotics reaching where they do some good, unless you have some of the enteric-coated capsules which it wouldn't make a difference. Probiotics do nothing in the stomach and most get destroyed by the acid. Remember that probiotics only help to replaced gut bacteria.

Digestive enzymes are different, and i usually just take them in the middle of a meal as food can stay in the stomach 2-4 hours, depending on the type (fat stays in the stomach longer).

Another thing to remember is that the body decides how much enzymes it needs to make itself, as you get older you struggle to make enough and digest less food, and some people have pancreas problems which causes the same issue. These aren't a fix, when you stop taking the probiotics and the enzymes, you lose the benefit!

I just take some ACV which is great for regulating stomach acid, or alternatively fresh lemon juice.

Anyway - it's all good advice for digestion, which helped me get a lot clearer!

I haven't tried any of these ideas yet. I will definitely pick some up when I get the chance. Livesinabox and Healthoid, would you mind giving me your opinions on Liver Flushes? I have done one, but after researching a bit I tend to be skeptical on whether they actually do anything worthwhile.

I haven't tried any of these ideas yet. I will definitely pick some up when I get the chance. Livesinabox and Healthoid, would you mind giving me your opinions on Liver Flushes? I have done one, but after researching a bit I tend to be skeptical on whether they actually do anything worthwhile.

My opinion on flushes of all kinds is that the main reason they work is they clear out your intestines. A lot of people have tons of junk in their intestines that is all backed up due to various digestion issues, so flushes can be very beneficial for this reason.

However, if you continue to eat foods you don't digest well (grains, dairy, etc.) after the flush, your intestines will just start to get filled and damaged again by the junk and you'll get the same problems all over again.

So I do think they work, but in my opinion they are a temporary solution.

My opinion on flushes of all kinds is that the main reason they work is they clear out your intestines. A lot of people have tons of junk in their intestines that is all backed up due to various digestion issues, so flushes can be very beneficial for this reason.

However, if you continue to eat foods you don't digest well (grains, dairy, etc.) after the flush, your intestines will just start to get filled and damaged again by the junk and you'll get the same problems all over again.

So I do think they work, but in my opinion they are a temporary solution.

So I go to my local small town pharm yesterday. After I found the enzymes I asked, "Do you have any probiotics or HCL? The pharmers just blinked. :blink: "Er, what? Probyotikes? And what's HCL, isn't that stomach acid?" I nearly died. I'm sorry I asked. So I got my enzymes, but I have to make a trip to civilization tomorrow to find probiotics and HCL. Would they be at a standard right aid?

i may try the same enzyme since im also a strong protein type. I tryed another enzyme once, it was a veggie based enzyme and it caused shortness of breath, acne and rashes. Either i was allergic or it cleansed my body so deeply that my body released a ton of toxins at once causing the negative reaction. I stoped using it immediately.

So I go to my local small town pharm yesterday. After I found the enzymes I asked, "Do you have any probiotics or HCL? The pharmers just blinked. :blink: "Er, what? Probyotikes? And what's HCL, isn't that stomach acid?" I nearly died. I'm sorry I asked. So I got my enzymes, but I have to make a trip to civilization tomorrow to find probiotics and HCL. Would they be at a standard right aid?