Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmhmmmm

Please help

I have been battling acne off and on for 2-3 years. When it got to the point where it was affecting appearance/etc, I decided to give ProActive a try. It did work to get rid of zits somewhat quickly, and i looked fine under dim light, but when under good lighting such as at school or car mirrors, the whiteness and blotchiness looked horrible. I continued getting acne and was unsatisfied so I asked the doctor what to do.

I was prescibed differin gel and tetracycline.

I did this for probably 5 months, and got so-so results... it was an annoying cycle..

I would have zits and throughout the process, clear them totally up throughout 3 weeks or so, be clear/satisfied for about a week, then another breakout would occur that id have to treat againn.

this could be that during that week of clearness, id be out partying and living my life normally, and would occassionally forgot/couldnt take the pill or put on differin.

however i would often be so broken out i wouldnt leave my house.

so i switched to and am currently on erythromycin, fruit of the earth aloe vera gel, and proactive reparing lotion(finger worth as shown by dan), and cetaphil cleanser.

ive been on the erythro for 2 weeks, and started using the aloe vera gel and proactive just 3 days ago to incorporate the effects of "The Regimen" into my own regimen.

i still get annoying acne, 10-15 visible zits, a chin full of tiny zits that dont surface (the white zits below chin you see when flexing it), and poress nose. i mainly get them around my mouth and cheeks.

any help or suggestions would be greatly apppreciated. its alot i know, ill try to get pictures up.

so youre suggesting id incorporate some beta hydroxy acid

yes, but read the entire post very carefully.

i did, shouldnt i not be using that and bp at the same time..

i wish dan would take that nonsense off his site, or at least modify it.

my recommendation works for me.

i did, shouldnt i not be using that and bp at the same time..

ya, i read one of your logs, it seemed to work pretty good for you.

im going to continue this proactive/aloe vera combo i just started, see how it works for a week or so, then possibly start using some of that to spot treat.