Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xenth

My method

Well I finally found out what works for me, and since I gained a lot of knowledge from this site I decided to share

Basically my program:

Abolutely NOsugar, ever. The most important rule of my "regime", if I take even a little sugar I breakout, yea it sucks but I can live with it.

Only shower three times a week, avoiding my face. , and no I don't smell like poo poo

No dairy

Wash face with cold water in the evening.

That's it really, took me ages to find out what I could eat, and what I couldn't but sticking religiously to this program is keeping me 95% clean :D Worked for my hyper pigmentation as well!

I tried almost every theory ever posted on this site but this is really the only thing that ever worked well for me.

Just thought i'd share

Well I finally found out what works for me, and since I gained a lot of knowledge from this site I decided to share

Basically my program:

Abolutely NOsugar, ever. The most important rule of my "regime", if I take even a little sugar I breakout, yea it sucks but I can live with it.

Only shower three times a week, avoiding my face. , and no I don't smell like poo poo

No dairy

That's it really, took me ages to find out what I could eat, and what I couldn't but sticking religiously to this program is keeping me 95% clean :D Worked for my hyper pigmentation as well!

I tried almost every theory ever posted on this site but this is really the only thing that ever worked well for me.

Just thought i'd share

Basically my program:

No dairy

Just thought i'd share

Soooo how do you eat carbs since they turn to sugar in your body?

Congrats on getting clear!

Complex carbs are no problem whatsoever, the problem lies in "Simple" carbs.

Can't really explain the science behind it, but it works! :razz:

Complex carbs are no problem whatsoever, the problem lies in "Simple" carbs.

Can't really explain the science behind it, but it works! :razz:

That actually makes complete sense

http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&...mp;#entry137492

As acne has been called ''skin diabetes,'' avoiding all sugars (even fake ones) can help. Grains and milk products can raise insulin-like growth factor-1, which raises both androgens and insulin, plus stimulates sebum and keratin. Special foods to use will be high in real vitamin A (eggs, organ meats, shell and other fish), vitamins C and E, plus the minerals selenium and zinc (the ''ACESZs''). I would add folate, niacinamide and chromium rich foods too.

whoa whoa whoa! Stop.

You mean no commercially processed sugar or no sugar at all? Half of my "acne healthy" diet is fruits! I also eat lotsa honey, sweet potatoes, and naturally sugary things. What's your verdict on these things?

Well i can't imagine it's that black and white, fruit is simple carbs, but low in them. Any processed food with sugar, or -ose in the ingredient is automatically high in simple carbs. But complex carbs are things like

Bran

Wheatgerm

Barley

Maize

Buckwheat

Cornmeal

Oatmeal

Pasta

Macaroni

Spaghetti

Brown rice

Potatoes

Other root vegetables

Wholemeal breads

Granary bread

Brown bread

Pitta bread

Bagel

Wholegrain cereals

High fiber breakfast cereals

Porridge oats

All bran

Shredded wheat

Ryvita crispbread

Muesli

Cassava

Corn

Yam

Oatcakes

Peas

Beans

Lentils

Some of which give a lot of people problems, most have a high GL too. But aslong as xenth has found his trigger and can avoid it - then congrats :)

Well i can't imagine it's that black and white, fruit is simple carbs, but low in them. Any processed food with sugar, or -ose in the ingredient is automatically high in simple carbs. But complex carbs are things like

Bran

Wheatgerm

Barley

Maize

Buckwheat

Cornmeal

Oatmeal

Pasta

Macaroni

Spaghetti

Brown rice

Potatoes

Other root vegetables

Wholemeal breads

Granary bread

Brown bread

Pitta bread

Bagel

Wholegrain cereals

High fiber breakfast cereals

Porridge oats

All bran

Shredded wheat

Ryvita crispbread

Muesli

Cassava

Corn

Yam

Oatcakes

Peas

Beans

Lentils

Some of which give a lot of people problems, most have a high GL too. But aslong as xenth has found his trigger and can avoid it - then congrats :)

whoa whoa whoa! Stop.

You mean no commercially processed sugar or no sugar at all? Half of my "acne healthy" diet is fruits! I also eat lotsa honey, sweet potatoes, and naturally sugary things. What's your verdict on these things?

so eating oatmeal isnt good.i herd that it flushes toxins from your body,and toxins basicly triiger acne.

I've cut down on my dairy intake, but find it really hard to cut down on sugars. I'm thinking refined sugars only and it's still really hard! :wall:

Good on you for doing this and I'm glad it worked for you, gives me more inspiration to keep trying to cut down on these foods :pray:

whoa whoa whoa! Stop.

I've cut down on my dairy intake, but find it really hard to cut down on sugars. I'm thinking refined sugars only and it's still really hard! :wall:

Good on you for doing this and I'm glad it worked for you, gives me more inspiration to keep trying to cut down on these foods :pray:

Cutting out all dairy isn't actually all that healthy. There is very good benefits to eating butter such as factor x and yogurt is a superfood. You believing that cutting dairy out of your diet is clearing up your acne could very well be in your head. Like I said before belief is very powerful when it comes to curing anything. Don't be paranoid about what you eat and think it causes your acne. Instead eat a well balanced diet from every food group and be happy. You will be suprised. Believe that will cure your acne and in most cases it will.