Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rusalka

Why is my skin burnt and raw?

I'm in the middle of my fourth month at the moment and I have hard painful bumps around one side of my face on my chin/cheek area. They've been there for about a month. Now, a week or so ago they had basically disappeared - I went out to a friend's, who owns some very awful mirrors, and I could see nothing whatsoever in them and figured that my skin had finally decided to clear up.

But a few days ago my skin just revolted - not only have those bumps re-appeared, but my whole face suddenly broke out in places that have long since cleared, and the whole skin texture started to feel rough and flakey and sore. I was washing my face earlier and I swear to god, bits of my skin were coming off in my hands. I feel like a fecking burn victim. What is happening to me? I haven't been in the sun at all, or put anything dodgy on my face. I'm really contemplating coming off this drug, as it's done nothing for me and is just making my life utterly miserable. Please tell me it gets better :'( :boohoo:

You should moisturize. Also, you shouldn't wash your face more than once a day. And use lukewarm water with soapless soap to wash it.

I had a cyst on my back the very last week I took accutane, and now, over one month later, I'm completely clear, face and back. Remember that accutane continues to work once you stop taking it, but the side effects will fade away gradually.

So yeah, if your skin is peeling off, get a moisturizer.

I do moisturise, and only wash my face twice a day as I've been taught to do my entire life. Should I cut back to merely once a day, then? How strange. And what do you mean by soapless soap? I use dove sensitive cleansing bar, and it's never done me any harm before in my 3+ years of using it.

Thanks though, and your skin looks magnificent in your recent pictures!

Soapless soap is special soap that doesn't contain soap :P But seriously though, it doesn't dry your skin out as much as regular soap. I don't know about your dove. It it doesn't contain soap, you can be sure that they mentioned it somewhere on the box. But generally, all dove products are fine.

And I used to wash my face twice a day just like you, but during accutane it doesn't matter that much. There were even days I skipped washing my face. Accutane does all of the work for you. It shrinks certain glands and stops them from secreting any sebum on your skin. Acne isn't caused by dirt anyway, so washing won't prevent it. But accutane will.

You can reduce the amount of times you wash your face to once a day and not experience any side effects. And since you're on accutane you won't get an oily look on your face.

I know it sounds crazy now, because you've been washing your face consistently for as long as you've had acne, but it's different with accutane :P

Soapless soap is special soap that doesn't contain soap :P But seriously though, it doesn't dry your skin out as much as regular soap. I don't know about your dove. It it doesn't contain soap, you can be sure that they mentioned it somewhere on the box. But generally, all dove products are fine.

And I used to wash my face twice a day just like you, but during accutane it doesn't matter that much. There were even days I skipped washing my face. Accutane does all of the work for you. It shrinks certain glands and stops them from secreting any sebum on your skin. Acne isn't caused by dirt anyway, so washing won't prevent it. But accutane will.

You can reduce the amount of times you wash your face to once a day and not experience any side effects. And since you're on accutane you won't get an oily look on your face.

I know it sounds crazy now, because you've been washing your face consistently for as long as you've had acne, but it's different with accutane :P

what if i have really oily skin and go on accutane. do i still need to moisturize? i see that whenever i moisturize i break out, i dont want to take any changes. i have pretty large pores and i guess they get clogged easily.

I can probably go on cleansing my face only once a day or once every 2 days but the thing is that during the day a lot of particles and other shit go on the skin so I cleanse to clean off any germs.