Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sidecar

Best Ever Makeup

It's expensive, but if you're desperate for a good makeup line that won't clog your pores and even your skin tone, I suggest Bare Minerals.

I've purchased the following by this line:

Bisque -- The bisque is a great coverup. I put it on first and it lessens the redness on my face. I can wake up with an icky, under-the-skin-ready-to-ruin-my-life zit and with just a bit of the bisque, it's still there, but much less noticeable. It also really helps my scarring look less prominent.

Foundation -- The foundation makes my skin tone so even! It comes in all sorts of shades (I have two: one for when I'm pale pale pale, and once for when I'm a bit tanner) and really works well.

Warmth - It's technically not a blush, but that's how I use it.

I can sleep in this makeup and not break out. It stays on nearly all day (as long as I don't touch my face too much) and it BREATHES! It's fantastic, and it helps calm down my acne (I no longer have makeup related breakouts) while hiding my blemishes, no matter how small or severe. It's not going to give you skin like a movie star, but it really does help.

I hope this helps someone!

A lot of people here hate BM.....the ingredient Bismuth Oxychoride irritates some people's skin & causes serious itching & breakouts.

I'm a fan of mineral makeup though, but I use Everyday Minerals, which I find to be very acne-prone skin friendly & priced very reasonably.

Wow someone that actually likes Bare Minerals LoL :badgrin: !

I use Everyday Minerals and Aubrey Nicole, and IMO they are both better than BM because they have different formulations, better coverage and staying power, and are SO much cheaper.

I used BM for about 5 months and during that last couple of months, it was horrible. My face constantly felt like it was on fire, I was itching, and breaking out badly. Come to find out, it was the bismuth oxychloride in BM. I stopped using it, and have had great results with the makeup I use now.

Oh, and I wouldn't sleep with it on. Sleeping w/ ANY kind of makeup is no bueno.

I am glad you like it, but I hope that your experience w/ BM doesn't end up like mine, but there is a reason a lot of people on here don't like it. :whistle: