Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

I'm on day 8 of taking accutane, and yesterday I had pretty bad pain, in what I think is my right liver, that moved to the left part of my abdomen. Waking up this morning, I still have some pain in my right lower abdomen and I'm obviously not going to take accutane today.

What I think happened is I ate too little. My nurses were very clear about eating a low fat low cholesterol diet, and even though I already ate very little, I reduced it because I thought it would be the right method of action. Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm afraid if I call my derm he'll take me off it immediately, but if it was something I did wrong I'd like to find out what it was.

I didn't even know you could feel liver pains, and I still seriously doubt it. People who get liver failure (through excessive drinking for example) often notice way too late. You don't get liver pains after a heavy night of drinking, but your liver does take a serious beating.

Anyway, I'd recommend getting a blood test, and see what's wrong. The numbers don't lie.

Mmm, yeah, I think it's strange to have nerve endings around or in my liver too, but the only time I ever felt a pain like this before was when I drank too much sake. Well, I've decided to take a day off in any case and make sure I eat fatty foods with my accutane from now on. I just gave blood a couple weeks ago and I was in perfect health. I see no yellowing of my eyes or skin and I have no problems digesting food so I think my liver is okay for now.

Still a very disconcerting thing to have happen.

Hi all,

I'm on day 8 of taking accutane, and yesterday I had pretty bad pain, in what I think is my right liver, that moved to the left part of my abdomen. Waking up this morning, I still have some pain in my right lower abdomen and I'm obviously not going to take accutane today.

What I think happened is I ate too little. My nurses were very clear about eating a low fat low cholesterol diet, and even though I already ate very little, I reduced it because I thought it would be the right method of action. Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm afraid if I call my derm he'll take me off it immediately, but if it was something I did wrong I'd like to find out what it was.

i had the exact thing happen to me... i had drank a few drinks the previous night... i know i know dumb move... i was getting a pain...

liver is located in right upper abs near your ribs... i asked a dr about it... said the liver usually doesnt hurt like that... might be your gall bladder or something else...

just goto the dr and get a blood test for your liver function... thats what i did... mine was just from sore abs muscles.... blood test were fine...

if your scared your derm will take u off... goto a family dr have the blood test done...

you could skip a few pills and see how u feel... your on day 8 so you might feel a few strange pains initially...