Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OWNAGE101

Question About Cyst

About two weeks ago, a cyst formed on my jaw. I know you're not supposed to do it, but I usually always pop my cysts, put neosporin on them after I pop them, and everything turns out alright. But now there is a hardened piece of white skin covering the place where I popped the cyst. I've tried picking it off and putting neosporin on again, but it just comes back. It's like a hardened white bump that hurts a little when I touch it. Whats going on? And what can I do to help it? Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Stop picking off anything that forms...it's trying to heal up. Just don't touch it anymore at all except when you're washing your face. Keep it covered at night with a bandaid and an antibiotic cream/ointment for at least three more days. Then leave it completely alone except when washing. The cream will keep a scab from forming but also keep it soft so that any drainage can happen if it needs to. After three days (or so) it should be ready to just form a scab and heal up on its own.

You could also ice it to help with pain and swelling. Please see bottom link in my signature for what to do with a cyst/nodule/pimple, for future reference.

Stop picking off anything that forms...it's trying to heal up. Just don't touch it anymore at all except when you're washing your face. Keep it covered at night with a bandaid and an antibiotic cream/ointment for at least three more days. Then leave it completely alone except when washing. The cream will keep a scab from forming but also keep it soft so that any drainage can happen if it needs to. After three days (or so) it should be ready to just form a scab and heal up on its own.

You could also ice it to help with pain and swelling. Please see bottom link in my signature for what to do with a cyst/nodule/pimple, for future reference.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll do what you tell me to do and see how it turns out. Thanks again.