Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coola

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion or Neutrogena?

I'm looking to buy a product with some AHA, and I've narrowed it down to two products. Alpha Hydroxed Enhanced Lotion or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. Can someone tell me the main differences between them and which is overall the more effective product?

Thanks in advance.

I use the Neutrogena one... it works pretty well, keeps my skin really smooth and doesn't get greasy at all.

The Alpha Hydrox product is a bit stronger than the Neutrogena product.

AH is 10% AHA, and NHSFL is 8% AHA. Both are glycolic acid.

Also, NHSFL has spf in it.

THe Neutrogena one is nice because it's SPF 15, but I like to use stronger sunscreen, so I just use alpha hydrox. Plus you get more for your money (I think)

What if I just bought the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and used it as a spot treatment only at night? Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting sunburns because of it, no?

Does this sound like a reasonable idea? =D

I myself, recommend the Alpha-Hydrox, it works WONDERS from my experience. I have tried the neutrogena one but not as good results as Alpha-Hydrox. Also, don't get the SPF 15 version if you are going to go for neutrogena, get the Night or Non-Greasy one, the SPF 15 makes you very oily after an hour or so.

I myself, recommend the Alpha-Hydrox, it works WONDERS from my experience. I have tried the neutrogena one but not as good results as Alpha-Hydrox. Also, don't get the SPF 15 version if you are going to go for neutrogena, get the Night or Non-Greasy one, the SPF 15 makes you very oily after an hour or so.

It wasn't very oily in my experience and I have oily skin. On the contrary, the reason I don't use it anymore is because it wasn't moisturizing enough and I was still flaking. I use it at night on occasions where I go out because Alpha Hydrox doesn't absorb as well.

What if I just bought the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion and used it as a spot treatment only at night? Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting sunburns because of it, no?

Does this sound like a reasonable idea? =D

Spot treating sounds fine, although spf is always a good idea anyway, especially when using acne treatments. :)

Hmm, are there any effective non-comedogenic SPF's out there? I think I'll be getting the AHA, and wouldn't mind having a nice SPF to use on the side, too.

Hmm, are there any effective non-comedogenic SPF's out there? I think I'll be getting the AHA, and wouldn't mind having a nice SPF to use on the side, too.